Hi all from Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boa Gialla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. Joined this large community to get in touch with divers in the world, and to understand differences and similarities with my experiences.

I'm from Italy, so for any question about dives in our seas and lakes .... I'll try to help (please, forgive my poor english).

Ciao,
A.

[c]
Hello_md.gif

[/c]
Welcome to SB! Hope you enjoy your time here. PM me if I can help...??

don :cowboy:

Buon Giorno! My Grandmother was a Bacigalupo! Welcome! These forums are great.

Is Piero still in orbettelo, I just loved the cave dives he took me on. For vis that clear and the stalagmites reminded me of ruby falls. It is a land cave here in the states.

Thank you for the welcome :)

Digger54:
Bacigalupo .... I guess your Grandmother would be from Liguria, really interesting region for diving.

VooDooGasMan:
Are you talking about dives in Argentario, Tuscany ("Argentarola", "Scoglio del Corallo", ...) ? Piero is a very common name in Italy.

Ciao,
A.

Yes! Though specific locations are unknown, Genoa (Genova) and also Turin (Torino) are mentioned as places of origin for that branch of the family.

Thank you for the welcome :)

Digger54:
Bacigalupo .... I guess your Grandmother would be from Liguria, really interesting region for diving.

VooDooGasMan:
Are you talking about dives in Argentario, Tuscany ("Argentarola", "Scoglio del Corallo", ...) ? Piero is a very common name in Italy.

Ciao,
A.

Yes Boa, Argentario is the island with the cave that I dove. Piero has a nautical shop on the water. He films caves and teaches cave diving. If your into diving that area or gigilio island Piero has a big inflatable to handle rough seas. I stayed at the dive resort and watched the charters get canceled, But not us Piero picked us up every morning no matter what. you have to prove to him you are a superb diver. All I dive is inflatables thats why I love italy.
When you spend thousands to get there and dive, canceling dives is not an option. Boa your very lucky to be able to dive your area mild currents, once off the boat in ruff seas as you decend It's just relaxing. Dont know Piero last name,But just got video out he gave me I think the cave is under GIANNUTRI ISLE. OPP'S SORRY AGAIN, the island is just around from porto santo steffano it's called argentarola. I just looked at the nautical map in my dive shop piero gave me.
The resort is in stefano and thats where his shop is. a couple shops towards the gigilio ferry is the dive shop with the cattle boat that works with the resort we stayed at. I dont speak any Itialian And piero was'nt real good at english,Every morning we went to esspresso shop and his buddy translated are dive plan for the day. Must be good buddy's never charged us once for coffee,all I drink now is that little cup of esspresso and still set it down and say Chow; the other word I remember is bomboli, I still say it diver's don't know what im talking about. Memories wont stop now, But I have to go shoot some kelp greenling for dinner tonight before I miss my slack tide.
p.s. Piero is the lighthouse keeper there, he lives there.

Yes Boa, Argentario is the island with the cave that I dove.

Sorry, i don't know Piero. But if i got what you meant, you have enjoyed the dives in Argentario, and i'm very happy about this. There are a lot of diving sites in that area (Argentario, of course, Giannutri, Giglio, Elba, Capraia ... wonderful places).

Should you come to Italy again, contact me: doesn't matter the place, i'll be glad to help you. We are lucky, in Italy, as from the North to the South we have a great natural and biological diversity (is it the right word?).

Ciao :)
A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom