Hey UK divers, Were do you dive?

UK divers, were do you dive?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Evans

"Mr Mares"
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was wondering if divers in the UK only dive abroad, eg, when on holiday or do you dive the UK as well, or both.

Both - at home in Jersey (the majority), and also the Red Sea and Antigua.

Mainly in the UK, mostly around Shetland,Orkney Caithness areas. Occasionally dive abroad, but would be far more likely to head for Norway/Faroe/Iceland from here than sunnier climes

Mr Mares. Did you go to Jamaica last year? I met someone there who lived in London and all his gear was Mares.

junior diver:
Mr Mares. Did you go to Jamaica last year? I met someone there who lived in London and all his gear was Mares.

NO! He's an imposter :D

The West Coast of Scotland has some of the best diving in the world. The wrecks in Scapa (Orkneys) are amongst the best in the world.
Diving in Devon and Cornwall is more dependent on conditions but is world-class when things are good.
The channel can be excellent in the summer when visibility is OK - plankton can spoil it at times.

Most UK divers are just that. Might do a dive on holiday or do a dive holiday even, but most of us dive the UK, unless like me the bosses send you abroad.

That said some places in the UK don't have much to offer. (Italy can be boring diving too...)

Chris

Both although the vast majority of my dives are in the UK (most off west wales).

combination of uk (wales or scotland) and thailand mainly, have also been diving in red sea, med and oz. Prefer thailand but I'll just have to put up with scotland's warm waters until I got out to thailand again...

Mainly UK (South West, Devon/Cornwall), though I've been on a diving holiday to the Red Sea (Hurghada) as well which was great. A bit starnge actually getting wet on the dive, as I was wearing a wetsuit instead of my drysuit! I'm going diving over in ?South Africa in September too, and will go on more diving holidays later (when i chave the cash!).

South West England definately has some excleenet dive sites. :D

Back
Top Bottom