hey RMO - where is ya'll diving this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you considered the Northern Sea of Cortez. We have a 110 foot, brand new vessel that explores the midriff islands at the Sea of Cortez. Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive.... as far is liveaboards go this is very reasonably priced. You would fly into Phoenix Arizona so airfare would be very affordable. Your are picked up at the airport or a hotel near the airport depending when you arrive, by a shuttle, and it is a 3 1/2 hour drive to Puerto Penasco. That is where you would board the Rocio Del Mar.
This destination was described by Jacques Cousteau as the worlds aquarium. We have our first trip which is a dive and whale watching trip. March 20-27. It is at this time whale season. We also have trips going out all spring, summer and fall. Check out the website and give me a call.

Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive....
Will check that out, thanks Dora!

Bonaire airline??? :confused:
When we went to Bonaire, we flew Continental direct from Houston. There is a flight on Friday nights that arrives in the morning Saturday, then you get checked into your hotel and are diving before lunch. :D

Really! That's great news. When I went we flew into Aruba and out of Curacao. We got to Bonaire and back via the world's worst airline.

I stand corrected.

Bonaire airline??? :confused:
When we went to Bonaire, we flew Continental direct from Houston. There is a flight on Friday nights that arrives in the morning Saturday, then you get checked into your hotel and are diving before lunch. :D

Yes, Continental has several weekly flights direct to Bonaire; two from Houston, and two from Newark, NJ. Delta also has one (and sometimes two) direct flights out of Atlanta also.

I've flown all combination of these, and found, for flights from Denver, the Continental Flight through Houston to be the most convenient. But it is more costly (as for right now, anyway). The route through Houston and back is just over 10 hours each way. But going down is a red-eye. It's a red-eye through Newark also, but it's $150 to $200 cheaper (right now) than the Houston route. The Delta is least desirable (to me) because it requires an overnight stay somewhere, before returning to Denver. It too is a red-eye, of sorts, in that you leave Denver at 1:00AM.

There is also Insel Airlines, which has a direct flight from Miami to Bonaire, once a week, but you can't get to Miami from Denver soon enough to catch it without an overnight stay. By the time you add in motel, meals, and transportation it is no longer cheaper.

The cheapest is what John remembers. That is a flight to Curacao or Aruba, and then either DAE or one of the other "puddle-jumper" airlines to Bonaire. When I checked last October, I couldn't get connections that would get me to Bonaire without an overnight stay on Curacao.

I know we will all be hitting our favorite Blue Hole at least a few times, but other than that, what are your dive trip plans? Anybody going somewhere cool?

I think we are going to Morehead, NC wreck diving sometime between May and August, full week there diving with Olympus Dive Center

robin:D
Cool! I'm planning on going again in the last week of July! Had a great time last year!

More :sharkattack:

We just got back from a trip to Grand Cayman which was very nice even though a bit cool for GC, it was just that
freak weather coming in from the Eastern US.
We are taking out a group trip to Socorro on the Nautilus Explorer Dec. 14th-22nd 2010 to dive with the Giant Pacific Mantas, sharks and more...still have some spots left if anyone wants to come along check out our 2010 trips page @ Home
We also have trips scheduled to PNG and Raja Ampat Indonesia for 2011.:D

I leave for Florida Monday.

I thought I might give folks an update.

The rivers are up in northern Florida, and almost all of the caves in the High Springs area are blown out and closed as a result. Consequently, there are major crowds at Ginnie Springs, which is pretty much the only game in town. We need a subterranean traffic cop at times. OK, not that bad, but my first dive today required an entry threading the needle past the people doing deco in the "well" that constitutes the only entrance/exit.

Well, my target right now is doing Truk/Palau in April 2011. Given the depth of those dives, I am working in a couple of tec classes this year.

Headed to Lake Jocasse, SC April 1-4 to do an Intro to tech/sidemount class with OTW Divers.

Then looking to do DSAT Tec Deep with Coconut Tree Divers in Roatan in May.

Might work in a couple of local classes through A1 as well. They have a TDI advanced Nitrox on the schedule for March that takes us to the Blue Hole March 27-28. We will see.

Well, my target right now is doing Truk/Palau in April 2011. Given the depth of those dives, I am working in a couple of tec classes this year.

Headed to Lake Jocasse, SC April 1-4 to do an Intro to tech/sidemount class with OTW Divers.

Then looking to do DSAT Tec Deep with Coconut Tree Divers in Roatan in May.

Might work in a couple of local classes through A1 as well. They have a TDI advanced Nitrox on the schedule for March that takes us to the Blue Hole March 27-28. We will see.

Hey George-
I have started down the Tech route also... taking classes with George Watson, who is a UTD Instructor. I know they have Intro, Tech 1 and Tech 2, and Technical Gas Blender courses all scheduled.

Good to hear from you!

My diving update....

I am taking UTD Intro To Tech(Currently in between class/pool and the OW), and also signed up for Technical Gas Blending later this month.

I'll be headed down to Rock Lake later this month to do my dives and work with the Team on skills and all the fun stuff.

I am planning a Catalina driving trip later this year...no time frame planned as of yet.

Going to try to head down to Santa Rosa the 3rd weekend of as many months as I can swing it.

I plan to get in as many local dives as possible this year. Gotta makes the doubles pay for themselves!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom