hey RMO - where is ya'll diving this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More Rock Lake, Puget Sound, Cozumel (planning on diving the windward side of the island for a week), and maybe NC if I can get it worked out. Then there's also Blue Hole, Perch Lake, and maybe San Solomon Springs. :)

I can just see you hitting San Solomon Springs in your double 108's. With a little overfill, you could have literally have an all day dive.:D

I'll be headed to Florida for some cave diving in March, then Inner Space in Grand Cayman in May and then another week of Florida cave diving in July followed by a family trip to Grand Cayman in August.

I am sure I will get my usual teaching trips in this year too. Usually make it to Florida, Cali and Lake mead at least once or twice a year while conducting courses. Probably make a trip to the Blue Hole and Rock Lake for some courses as well.

Then, of course, I will be participating in a few more exciting Utah cave explorations this year! We have a list of about 12 caves that have good potential!

I can just see you hitting San Solomon Springs in your double 108's. With a little overfill, you could have literally have an all day dive.:D

I actually have over 100 dives there. I can typically do a 90 minute dive on a single AL80. :)

Chatfield, Blue Hole, and hopefully somewhere a bit warmer towards the middle/end of the year once the significant other finds a job and we know what our budget / vacation days looks like. Really like to try a liveaboard this year.

Have you considered the Northern Sea of Cortez. We have a 110 foot, brand new vessel that explores the midriff islands at the Sea of Cortez. Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive.... as far is liveaboards go this is very reasonably priced. You would fly into Phoenix Arizona so airfare would be very affordable. Your are picked up at the airport or a hotel near the airport depending when you arrive, by a shuttle, and it is a 3 1/2 hour drive to Puerto Penasco. That is where you would board the Rocio Del Mar.
This destination was described by Jacques Cousteau as the worlds aquarium. We have our first trip which is a dive and whale watching trip. March 20-27. It is at this time whale season. We also have trips going out all spring, summer and fall. Check out the website and give me a call.

Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive....

I'm going back to Bonaire in March, haven't decided if it will be for one week or two.

I'll probably go back to Bonaire again in October. And I hope to do a few local dives around here this summer. (

You need to get some variety into your life! Show a little imagination!:D

I leave for Florida Monday. I will be in the High Springs area for about a week. After that I will be in the Pompano area for a little while.

The rest of February and early March is off whilst I tend to my wife after an operation. Rock Lake in March. Back to Florida and the Oriskany (and some caves) in April. After that I assume it will be a mix of Rock Lake and Aurora Reservoir for a while. I can't plan beyond that. My synapses are too old.

(Man, I don't see any wet suit diving in that list. That has got to change!)

You need to get some variety into your life! Show a little imagination!:D

Hummm. I'm imagining 4-5 dives per day, when and where I want, no boat schedules to keep, no dive guides telling me where to go, when to surface and how long (or short) my dives should be. And all this for under $900/week for lodging, truck rental and unlimited NITROX. :rofl3:

I'm open to invitations to other good value diving locations. I almost joined a group next week in FL, for $200/week lodging, $325 for 5 days of 2-tank dives. But getting airfare in less than 4 days is really expensive. :shocked2:

Hummm. I'm imagining 4-5 dives per day, when and where I want, no boat schedules to keep, no dive guides telling me where to go, when to surface and how long (or short) my dives should be. And all this for under $900/week for lodging, truck rental and unlimited NITROX. :rofl3:

:

I understand and will be jealous of you on each of your trips there.

As long as you want to skirt the coast of Venezuela on a regular basis, you might take a look at Curacao. The diving is very similar. You can't just hop off shore any place you want, but there are plenty of shore diving spots. The city is really nice, s is the island itself. The main benefit is you don't have to fly with whatever the Bonaire airline is calling itself this week.

I understand and will be jealous of you on each of your trips there.

As long as you want to skirt the coast of Venezuela on a regular basis, you might take a look at Curacao. The diving is very similar. You can't just hop off shore any place you want, but there are plenty of shore diving spots. The city is really nice, s is the island itself. The main benefit is you don't have to fly with whatever the Bonaire airline is calling itself this week.

Bonaire airline??? :confused:
When we went to Bonaire, we flew Continental direct from Houston. There is a flight on Friday nights that arrives in the morning Saturday, then you get checked into your hotel and are diving before lunch. :D

Back
Top Bottom