Hey from Kentucky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Found this site after getting back from a trip to the USVI and getting my PADI Scuba Diver Certification. Now I'll be looking to finish my classwork and pool dive and planning a trip back down to the Caribbean to finish my last two open water dives for my Open Water Certification.

Fortunately I live about 2 miles from a popular diving quarry but its a little cold to be diving here for me right now. I'll give it a try in the summer.

One thing I learned early on was don't buy gear before diving...I bought fins, a mask, and snorkel before I really knew what I was getting into and the mask does not fit great (too small for my huge dome), the fins are great if you wear boots (I won't be 90% of the time) and the snorkel design was a passing fad. Ohh well -- live and learn.

Look forward to learning more from y'all!

you'll love the life of diving:D
Are you talking about Falling rock?
If so I live up 71 in Sparta.
You want to check out Kentucky Piranha Patrol
Its one of the forums on Scubaboard.
I know what your saying about equipment
I have 5 BCs 3masks 5 pairs of fins ect.

Mike

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your course! If you ever find yourself diving in the western part of the state (I frequent the quarry in Hopkinsville), feel free to look me up for a dive or 2. Just a warning....... The "toy" buying never stops. I have 2 drysuits, 2 sets of double tanks, 2 HID lights, 5 single tanks, 2 Rec. BC's, 5 regulators, 3 pairs of fins, 3 computers, 4 masks......... the list goes on & on & on........ Be prepared to be perpetually broke:D, but you'll love every minute of it!

Good afternoon.

Welcome to the sport! My name's John and I'm pleased to meet you. I'm part of a group up here in the Northern Kentucky area, but we dive Falling Rock quite a bit in the summer in between trips. If you ever need a group to dive with, or are interested in any trips or traveling, just let me know. Take care!

Mike

Yes I live just north of La Grange right off 53. I'll have to check out KPP. Thanks for the welcome and information.

Jamey

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your course! If you ever find yourself diving in the western part of the state (I frequent the quarry in Hopkinsville), feel free to look me up for a dive or 2. Just a warning....... The "toy" buying never stops. I have 2 drysuits, 2 sets of double tanks, 2 HID lights, 5 single tanks, 2 Rec. BC's, 5 regulators, 3 pairs of fins, 3 computers, 4 masks......... the list goes on & on & on........ Be prepared to be perpetually broke:D, but you'll love every minute of it!

thanks for the offer...I've had fun so far...now just need to finish up the course work and pool work this winter and get ready for my OW dives in the spring.

I've got a long road ahead then because after my recent expierience I was thinking I would buy my own BC as I'm a big guy and the standard BCs aren't great for me -- dang they are expensive! Ohh well I'll build up gear over time.

Thanks for the welcome!

Good afternoon.

Welcome to the sport! My name's John and I'm pleased to meet you. I'm part of a group up here in the Northern Kentucky area, but we dive Falling Rock quite a bit in the summer in between trips. If you ever need a group to dive with, or are interested in any trips or traveling, just let me know. Take care!

Hey John!

I'm always interested in travel/trips...I need to finish my OW courses (4&5), pool work, and 2 dives so I'll be looking to get the classes and pool work out of the way in short order then I'd love to take a trip in the Spring to finish my dives. Let me know if you have a schedule avalible.

Thanks,
Jamey

Sounds good to me. If you get a chance, you can check us out at Aquatic Dreams Diving - Home. That's the group my partner and I have started. We're still planning on running down to Crystal River in February to see the manatees and do some springs diving, then be back up here doing check outs and fun dives locally and regionally to some of the larger quarries, and we're trying to plan a little larger trip next summer.

We don't do too much diving over the winter, though I know we'll be offering check outs on the Florida trip, but I'd love to dive with you come spring when it warms up a bit.

If you're interested in any of the trips on our site, just let me know. We're trying to make pricing as competitive as possible and still offer good diving for everyone.

John

Mike
:dork2:
Hello Everybody. Myself is Berry 22 years old from U.S.A. I am a newbie in forum
and I wants to say hello to everybody. I am feeling very pleasure to join forum work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom