Hey from Denver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DjArie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was certified more than 10 years ago, and recently earned my AOWD cert. I'd love to dive more, and lakes are about the only option I have unless I want to drive a long way. I'm SSI OWD, and PADI AOWD.

Welcome. We were certified in lakes along the front range and are our last choice for dives. Mountain lakes are an option but we have not done them. Not a chance my wife will do it. Getting to Mexico from Denver is easy and fairly cheap.

:) I'm a bit apprehensive about traveling to Mexico, even though I hear of hundreds, if not thousands of people doing so.

Stupid media having me believe that I'll be shot, stabbed, raped, etc. I'm imagining that going to that country is rather benign.

I'm also planning on possibly Friday beginning to study for my EAN cert.

DjArie San Carlos , Mexico is a 2 day drive 4 lane the whole way and I always felt safe. If you go down for less then a week the visa is free also need Mexico car insurance, need a passport. We have stayed at a hotel there for 28 dollar a night. We had a boat down there and went down for 4 months at a time.

I am like ColoDale in not a big fan of Colorado lakes just don't like cold water and poor visibly. I even went out of state to do my open water. The wife did her open water at Pamer lake and could hardly even see her hand if held away from her.
I have seen a lot of open water done at Chatfield Reservoir, there is a little pond there that they use. I have also heard that Aurora Reservoir has some diving.

Wish you luck in finding some good diving.

If you scroll down through the ScubaBoard main pages until you get to the regional forums, you can work your way through the United States>Western United States>Rocky Mountain Region. That's where we do most of our communicating.

Chatfield is a very shallow pond, Aurora is nicer but more expensive and a bit of a pain for parking. Neither will be mistaken for great diving. If you do want to dive, though, just give a holler in the Rocky Mountain forum, and someone might join you almost anywhere. It might be me, but that is a risk you have to take.

The best pleasure diving that is reasonably local is down south in Santa Rosa New Mexico. One site there is the Blue Hole, a small but clear and reasonably deep sink hole right in town. It's thermal, so the water is about the same temperature (62°) year round. That's the one most people use.

IMO, the better site is Rock Lake. It is the Blue Hole, but it is on private property, and you cannot dive it without special permission. That means you have to be under the supervision of one of the technical instructors with permission to dive there. It is several times bigger than the Blue Hole, and it is several times deeper--about 300 feet. I am always looking for a reason to go there, so if you are interested, let me know. You have to be at least AOW, but you say you have that.

:) I'm a bit apprehensive about traveling to Mexico, even though I hear of hundreds, if not thousands of people doing so.

Stupid media having me believe that I'll be shot, stabbed, raped, etc. I'm imagining that going to that country is rather benign.

I'm also planning on possibly Friday beginning to study for my EAN cert.

Don't believe the media. Cozumel is safe. We've been going since 1999 and about 40-50 times. If you want more info here, see the Cozumel forum.

Ok! =)

Did this last night.

image.jpg

i am also new to this forum, from UK 24years old...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom