Question Hero 9 & 10: Still need to remove front port to load into UW housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings - When I got my current Hero 5, it was necessary to remove the stock lens protector by twisting it off to load the camera into the UW housing. Due to nerve damage in my hand, I couldn't/can't do that, so I bought an aftermarket housing that didn't require removing the protector first.

If I upgrade to the Hero 10, does it still require removal of that part? If it does, that will mean again that I need to go with an aftermarket UW housing.

Thanks for any answers!

thx

There is no removable lens protector on the 9 & 10 so nothing to even remove. It just slides as-is into the UW housing.

There is no removable lens protector on the 9 & 10 so nothing to even remove. It just slides as-is into the UW housing.
Both the 9 and 10 have a removable lens, the 8 did not. Regardless you don't have to remove it to put it in the dive housing. Here are the replacements,

Always a good idea to carry at least one, a simple drop can crack the lens, by having a spare it's a 30 second swap.

Both the 9 and 10 have a removable lens, the 8 did not. Regardless you don't have to remove it to put it in the dive housing. Here are the replacements,
Huh? I own a GoPro 9. I had no clue?! How does one remove the lens?

Huh? I own a GoPro 9. I had no clue?! How does one remove the lens?

@InWay2Deep Mystery solved. Mine is an 8 not a 9. That explains why it doesn’t have a removable lens! My confusion was caused by my own confusion about which model I owned lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom