Here Comes Hurricane Dean....!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoonWrasse:
You might check your DAN coverage - I believe there's trip interruption coverage, which you probably qualify for. Heck if a cat 5 hurricane headed straight at you doesn't qualify you, I don't know what would.
I have DAN's top dive insurance, but I don't see how that could provide coverage for interruption due to weather?

I have Trip insurance, which I take for other reasons.
> Neither the airline or insurance company seem interested in refunding money spent on a plane ticket, even tho the trip essentially failed - as the airline got me there and back.
> The insurance company doesn't seem interested in refunding money on unused portions of the tour, as I should expect refunds from the tour operator...
Policy Exclusions
u) failure of any tour operator, Common Carrier, or other travel supplier, person or agency to provide the bargained-for travel arrangements other than Financial Insolvency;

DandyDon:
I have DAN's top dive insurance, but I don't see how that could provide coverage for interruption due to weather?

I have Trip insurance, which I take for other reasons.
> Neither the airline or insurance company seem interested in refunding money spent on a plane ticket, even tho the trip essentially failed - as the airline got me there and back.
> The insurance company doesn't seem interested in refunding money on unused portions of the tour, as I should expect refunds from the tour operator...
Policy Exclusions

Hmmm...looking at it
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/compare.asp
looks like you'll need to injure yourself, maybe just a small stab wound. That's what your dive knife is for, right?
I'd suggest a toe :wink:

I'd still contact both, maybe you'll get lucky.

So did you make it home DD? Bummer about cancelling your trip, Well part of it anyway.

snepdiver:
So did you make it home DD? Bummer about cancelling your trip, Well part of it anyway.
Oh yeah, thanks. Got home Sunday. Got 4 dives in @ $500 a dive, but hope to get refunds from the tour Op. Could get that down to $250 a dive.

money well spent.....Take a rain check, and you get to plan your next round in Cozumel. I would push th issue with the insurance company....

CheddarChick:
money well spent.....Take a rain check, and you get to plan your next round in Cozumel. I would push th issue with the insurance company....
Oh, I'll try, but with little expectations from the Ins Co. It's up to the tour Op to refund 4 days of unused hotel, diving & snorkeling, and ground transportation prepaid.

In comparison, I flew to Florida once, got blown out for a week, got refunds on prepaid dives, but was still out the plane ticket, car rental, hotels, food, etc. Blow outs happen, sometimes in a big way - but I go back.

DandyDon:
In comparison, I flew to Florida once, got blown out for a week, got refunds on prepaid dives, but was still out the plane ticket, car rental, hotels, food, etc. Blow outs happen, sometimes in a big way - but I go back.

Super Blown out this time around. Good to hear that you made it out safe. Nothing else REALLY matters.

I saw some dude on the news Sunday night that was arriving at Coz and they were saying that they were going to ride it out. Stupid, is all I can say. I was in South Alabama when Ivan and Katrina came onshore. No fun, Is all I can say. No fun at all.

No power=no AC. When its 98 degrees outside and you can not get ice the only way to cool off between cutting up trees and gathering up the neighbors roof from your yard is a cold shower. Took about 20 of them in 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom