here are some of my Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

once again all, thanks for the many kind words. David, as for the shore diving, we picked up a free mag that Maui Dive Shop has in their stores. in it, it had a list of beaches and the type of diving it has. thats how we came upon Kapalua beach. i know when i go back, i will dive there at least once. as for lens's, i never did get around to adding a WAL or macro to the kit. eventually i am sure.

Bill

Thanks for sharing. We will be waiting for more pictures in the future :)

Nice! Thanks for sharing your pics! Keep up the good work!:)

justleesa:
Very nice! doing any kind of pp?

ID: The Starfish is a Blood spotted Starfish, the lil shrimp is a Banded Coral Schrimp and it is a whitemouth moray :wink:

thanks for the ID's.....and not i am not quite sure what you mean by "pp".......

AUTiger:
I'm going back to Maui again in December. I've used Ed Robinson's many times, in fact, I've probably done the exact same three tank that you did.

Where did you go shore diving? We always stay in Kaanapali. The only shore diving that I have done is Black Rock. One of my friends said that he had a great time shore diving the rubble of an old concrete pier in Lahaina. Did you pick your shore dives out of a book, based on MDS's recommendations, or just blind luck?

I would like to do more shore diving when I go this time, so I'm looking for details!

You mentioned the lens caddy. I had forgotten about that. Were you using Inon wetmount lenses for any of these photos?

Once again, good job and thanks for posting!

David

I can't stress it enough, buy a copy of "Maui Revealed" by Andrew Doughty months ahead of time. Most detailed and accurate Maui guidebook (written by a native) there is. I would recommend buying it months in advance so you can plan all your dives and excursions ahead of time.

A nice shore dive near Kaanapali is Honolua Bay. Snorkeled it while I was there, but wished I had a tank on as it's 25 ft or more at the good stuff (outer fringes of the bay). The book outlines the best time to go (mornings and not after a rain storm). I will help you with any other questions that I can answer. Have fun!!

Alex

Back
Top Bottom