here are some of my Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some kind of starfish i found

P7150086.jpg

and one more. i believe this to be a Marbled shrimp and a Red-banded shrimp

P7160165.jpg

Very nice pictures, especially for a new photographer. Where did you dive in Maui and with what company?

Good job
David

thanks David. i never did get around to using that lens caddy i bought from you. as for the camera, check out my earlier post in this thread. i did a 3 tank dive with Ed Robinson's dive op. they were GREAT!! we did the back wall of Molikin Crater and got to see some pretty neat stuff. the thrill was just going down to 127'. the next 2 dives we did were 85' Pinnacles and Wailea Point. the last 2 dives were the best and the shallowest as well. but that is where we got to see LOTS of critters. we also did alot of shore diving. we bought a 10 tank card and weights from Maui Dive Shop and just hit the beaches. the place we enjoyed the most and was the shallowest of all( no more that 18' ) was Kapalua Beach. there we got to see TONS of stuff. somethings i am still looking up. one thing we got to see but no pics were taken was snowflake eels(i think. at least thats what were told they were). i enjoyed myself so much there that i bought a timeshare in Kaanapali. so i KNOW i will be going back!!

Bill

the cleaner shimp are the best, imho . you can make out their whole body. Really nice
tx

Very nice! doing any kind of pp?

ID: The Starfish is a Blood spotted Starfish, the lil shrimp is a Banded Coral Schrimp and it is a whitemouth moray :wink:

Very nice pictures Gone. I only hope that my new Nikon / Ikelite set-up will do me that proud in Boinaire in November.

I'm going back to Maui again in December. I've used Ed Robinson's many times, in fact, I've probably done the exact same three tank that you did.

Where did you go shore diving? We always stay in Kaanapali. The only shore diving that I have done is Black Rock. One of my friends said that he had a great time shore diving the rubble of an old concrete pier in Lahaina. Did you pick your shore dives out of a book, based on MDS's recommendations, or just blind luck?

I would like to do more shore diving when I go this time, so I'm looking for details!

You mentioned the lens caddy. I had forgotten about that. Were you using Inon wetmount lenses for any of these photos?

Once again, good job and thanks for posting!

David

GONEHAWKN:
thanks David. i never did get around to using that lens caddy i bought from you. as for the camera, check out my earlier post in this thread. i did a 3 tank dive with Ed Robinson's dive op. they were GREAT!! we did the back wall of Molikin Crater and got to see some pretty neat stuff. the thrill was just going down to 127'. the next 2 dives we did were 85' Pinnacles and Wailea Point. the last 2 dives were the best and the shallowest as well. but that is where we got to see LOTS of critters. we also did alot of shore diving. we bought a 10 tank card and weights from Maui Dive Shop and just hit the beaches. the place we enjoyed the most and was the shallowest of all( no more that 18' ) was Kapalua Beach. there we got to see TONS of stuff. somethings i am still looking up. one thing we got to see but no pics were taken was snowflake eels. i enjoyed myself so much there that i bought a timeshare in Kaanapali. so i KNOW i will be going back!!

Bill

Very nice, Thanks for sharing your pics.

Back
Top Bottom