her first reg - advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No reason why any competent tech wouldn't be able to service the Deep6 regs. I would be more worried about parts and kits.

thank you everyone for your replies, all things to think about and look at. and thank you cerich in particular. the resort does service it's own gear - i'll find out what brands they rent early tonight (13 hour time difference). my thoughts were 1. the tech at the resort would be able to figure out how to safely service the regulator in short order, and 2. if the recommended service interval is the same as the signature sold on your site (the first of 2 years or 200 dives) it will surely be 2 years. if you don't mind rather than reply to you on the open thread i'll pm you or feel free to do the same to me.

ralph
using in a resort she will end up servicing more than every two years.

Anyhow, happy to work with to make sure happy with if she goes with Deep 6.

No reason why any competent tech wouldn't be able to service the Deep6 regs. I would be more worried about parts and kits.
same here. The DGX doesn't come with extras, the Signature from me does but i would want to make sure and throw a couple extra sets of service kits in with

Scubapro mk2, g250. Super easy to service. Buy 10 hp seats and 10 lp seats from vintage double hose or trident dealer. If I was going to be stranded on a desert island with an air compressor I’d dive a mk 2 and a 109 with the diy punched seats.

Even better would be if you could find one of the hog mk2 clones that came in titanium. That would be the utilmate 1st stage for this particular instance. I would love to see how long it went before it needed servicing.

I’d dive a mk 2 and a 109
What about a mk 5 and 109/156? In that the mk5 is simple, service parts are available from vintage double hose, and it has nicer hose routing (5th port) for necklaced secondary and underarm or long hose primary, or even sidemount (rotating turret)? Though it is not as simple as the mk2 and maybe no Titanium...

Aquaventure Whitetip Dive Supply have branch in Alona Beach, Cebu City and Dumaguete and they should be able to handle spare parts for Aqualung/Apeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom