henderson wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t-rocks69

Registered
Reaction score
has any one tried he new henderson hyperstretch suits yet and any feed back would be helpfull
thanks

t-rocks69:
has any one tried he new henderson hyperstretch suits yet and any feed back would be helpfull
thanks
I have 3 now...love the way they mold to your body yet feel so unrestrictive.
The material itself, has an unfortunate tendency to pill very easily and if you have a BC which does rubs at all, or some of the velcro on your cummerbun comes in contact, you have damage much faster than say, the J-type O'Niell that I own, which is similarly flexible.

They are not quite as warm at depth, so you may find you prefer a 5mil over your usual 3, if you are planning to be down for any length of time. Others could explain better, but I believe the fabric compresses more than neoprene wetsuits.

Despite the fact that they are slightly less insulating, and require more diligence to keep them looking great...the fit and comfort is really worth it!
I am looking forward now, to trying out an aquasuede or an insta-dry. I should have mentionned that to Santa :wink: .

W/D

waterdaughter:
I am looking forward now, to trying out an aquasuede or an insta-dry. I should have mentionned that to Santa :wink: .

W/D

I'm afraid even Santa will not have any insta-dry this Christmas. Henderson is running a bit behind. Their first run is 3 mil, shorty and full, and should be coming in Mid January. I've got full size runs on order... just waiting now.

The nice thing about the Hyperstretch... We could probably get Santa into a 3xl easy.... In fact that's the only thing about the Hyperstretch. If you are going off the henderson sizing chart, you are really best to go down about 1/2 size when figuring out what you need. For example, I'm 6'4" and 225, and an XXL works great for me. In fact, I can also wear the XLL (Xl long). If in doubt... go to the smaller size with the hyperstretch.

That's why we do the free shipping thing on the hyperstretch... so if someone does guess wrong, it doesn't cost them anything to swap for another size.

I'm anxious to get in the insta dry and try one on in my size... they only had a few samples - and none fit me - so I haven't had one on yet. As soon as they hit my door, I'll give you a report.

Oh, and the aquasuede isn't much... it's really just a hyperstretch with a different chest panel - the panel doesn't snag as much with velcro, but it's not as comfortable or stretchy... We don't do much in those...

t-rocks69:
thanks

They are not new. Unless you are talking about the insta dry, which is not available yet. If you are talking about the Hyperstretch, it has been around for a few years. I have had a Hyperstretch 7 mil, Hyperstretch hood and gloves for a couple of years. If I am diving wet, nothing beats it for comfort. Period. As stated before, I don't think it is as warm as comprable thicknesses in other suits. It is comfortable enough that you can wear another layer over or under it for warmth without tht suffocating feeling.

thanks for the info i believe that i have the xmas gift for my wife now..
troy

So, what is the new feature on Insta Dry?

As described on their website, it looks the combination of Hyperstretch and Gold Core in all black.

I purchased all my wetsuits in Gold core and Hyperstretch a few months ago L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom