Henderson Thermaxx vs Bare Reactive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only issue is I am a big guy, non of the LDS carry 3xl in stock so it’s a special order. So it’s a pain. That’s what keeps me from pullin the trigger. They have Akona 2pce in the rental program. But it’s as uncomfortable as hell. Very stiff and little flex. So I don’t want to buy one lol.
Just how big are you?

I'm 6'1", weight around 260 lbs and wear a 3X. My LDS had it in stock but that doesn't mean they all will. With Hendersons, you will need to go up at least one size and probably two from what you wear in street clothes.

Just how big are you?

I'm 6'1", weight around 260 lbs and wear a 3X. My LDS had it in stock but that doesn't mean they all will. With Hendersons, you will need to go up at least one size and probably two from what you wear in street clothes.

Our experience is different. We use the same size as our street clothes. They are super stretchy and conform to your body very well. Having said that I would still want to try before I buy. A wetsuit is useless unless it fits well.

Try on the suits as they all fit differently and get the suit that fits the best. I ended up with a 5 mil Thermax because it fit the best and I have been very happy with it. The bare I tried on the zipper broke while in the shop. I had others I liked while looking online but the fit was way off. I use the Thermax 5 mil from 55 degrees and above.

Haha, I use the Thermaxx 5mm for 80F water. I’m a wimp. :confused:

Just how big are you?

5’10” ish weight wise I run 255-270 always seems to fluctuate but stay in that area lol

Haha, I use the Thermaxx 5mm for 80F water. I’m a wimp. :confused:
How difficult would you rate your Thermaxx 5 for donning. I absolutely hated putting on my Bare 5. I bought a vest and core warmer to wear with my 3 just to avoaid the 5 mil. I would even put up with a bit of chill not to use it.:(

Just how big are you?

I don’t find that to be common with Henderson. Henderson sizing tends to match street clothing size for most people. Sometimes a Short size works better. I am 5’11” and when I was at 280 I wore a 2XL. I am down to 230 and now wear an XL.

My 5mil Henderson Thermaxx is very easy to put on and take off. I can't imagine wearing it though in warm water/warm environment.

I have a Thermaxx 3 mil that i've had for 3 year and beat the hell out of and it still looks and fits great. Before I started diving drysuits 90% of the time, I had the Aqualock from Henderson and loved that as well. Henderson suits seem to last and do tend to be easy to take on and off. Just make sure you try it on first and get the one that fits appropriately. I have been happy with their suits and think they are worth the cost.

How difficult would you rate your Thermaxx 5 for donning. I absolutely hated putting on my Bare 5. I bought a vest and core warmer to wear with my 3 just to avoaid the 5 mil. I would even put up with a bit of chill not to use it.:(

I had a Bare 3mm that was pretty new, maybe had 10 dives on it. I bought the Thermaxx 5mm thinking I would use it for when I was diving consecutive days during the cooler winters in the Caribbean. Guess what? I never wore the Bare again because the Thermaxx was just so much easier to don and doff than the Bare. And I never overheated in the 5mm. So that has since become my (and husband’s) workhorse. If I needed a replacement I would buy another Thermaxx.

I did get chilled in the Thermaxx twice, once on my third day of diving the cenotes (topside it was overcast, cool and rainy) and another time on a dive in Belize in 80F water (and again topside, it was overcast, cool, windy and rainy). I find I chill easy underwater when topside conditions are drab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom