"5mil but feels like a 7mil" - Bare Reactive, Henderson Aqualock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if we call it a 5mm that fits well is warmer than a poor fitting 7mm? I remember doing rental 7mm that kinda fit some of the body parts marginally acceptably. Then going to a 5mm that actually fit correctly, and how much warmer that was.

Anyone have experience with a poly olefin skin under a good fitting 5mm? Is that the best of both worlds. Wear both and have it feel like a 7mm. Or need only moderate temperature protection and wear the 5mm on it's own?

For others finding this thread in the future, I tried a broad range of 5mm suits before settling on the Henderson Aqualock. I absolutely loved the features of the Waterproof W7 but as mentioned in a few other threads, their "medium" didn't fit me too well (too baggy in the wrist seals and also around the elbows) so went for the Aqualock due to the better fit for me personally. If I could have found the W7 somewhere in Small/Tall (which ironically looks like a slightly tighter medium in terms of height) I might have gone with it as I loved the features of the suit (pockets, double back seal, zippered wrists, ankles and neck).

I also tried the Scubapro Definition and EverFlex and absolutely hated the fit of both - particularly the neck zip which felt like it was choking me out. They felt super restrictive in the arms, whereas the Henderson fit like a glove from the first try on. Definitely give both that and the W7 a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom