Henderson Insta Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody have an experience with the Insta Dry? Does it fit the same as a Hyper Strecth Etc. Looks like agreat suit but is it worth the extra dough? How about the Henderson Aqua Suede?

I have always had a Hyper stretch, but it is time for a new one. Any opinions?:05:

I just researched earlier posts and kinda got some neg comments on the Insta Dry. A lot said it was like a rubber suit inside that pulls your body hairs out. I really like the feel of hyperstreth.

Does the Aqua Suede have the same inside lining as a Hyperstrecth? Anybody have a Aqua Suede suit. I am looking to get 3mil Aqua Suede

The Aqua suede is very similar to the Hyperstretch, but I think it has a different material on the front to help prevent the "pulling" that velcro does to the Hyperstretch.

Larry explained it to me better than I just did, but that is the idea...

Scott

A LDS near me has the InstaDry suits and doesn't like them and doesn't recommend them. I've never tried one but they look like an old-fashion rubbery suit to me.
I dove a borrowed AquaSuede suit during a recent trip to Mexico and liked it a lot.
A few people told me the AS is just a higher-priced Hyperstretch. I just bought a Hyperstretch but I'm concerned the fit may be off a little bit.
Rex

I will be leaving for Curacao Saturday and diving the insta-dry...I'll post my comments on this suit upon returning. LDS admitted they're not for everyone but have been popular among those doing liveaboards. I do like my aqua suede, although the pilling is extensive after only a couple dozen dives; the insta-dry was gift...

I currently dive an insta-dry and I used to dive a Aqua Suede. I lost weight and that is the reason I bought a new suit. but here are my thoughts.

Insta-Dry: Much warmer, drys faster (duh) but harder to get into (I am hairy) and not as comfortable but with all of this I still much prefer it over the Aqua Suede and am happy with the purchase.

Aqua Suede: Like wearing pajamas. I have never had a more comfortable suit in 28 years of diving. Not very warm it is like a 1.5 or 2 mil not a 3. It pills up if you look at it funny so it does not seem durable to me. Takes some time to dry. Not the best suit for multiple dives per day but it usually can dry in 24 hours for travel but the insta-dry beats this hands down.

Like I said before. I am and will be diving an insta-dry and I like mine so much my dive buddy bought one as well.

I love my Instadry 3mm. It's the warmest 3mm I've had in over 30 years.

I have a Hyperstretch in 7/5mm and found the extra stretch is good in a thick suit.

The Instadry is stretchier than the Gold seal 3mm I had before this one, but not as much stretch as a Hyperstretch.

I like the non-fabric interiors the Instadry and Gold seal use. The warmth is worth the small amount of extra time it takes to get into them.

Chad

I like my instradry 3mm. Real warm but does pull on the leg hair

I was looking to get my better half a 5 mm InstaDry...
Long story short:
the perfect match for her is size 6 of Henderson suits. She really liked the way it ( isntadry ) fit her, for one small, but very important detail - by the time she got her arms squeezed into sleeves, she was exhausted. It was pretty obvious that she will hate it. Size 8 was a bit easier to get into, but was not a good fit.
And she also tried to put it on with the skin - same thing.
Bottom line :
We got Hyperstretch 7mm and a hood.

"Word on the street" :
Seemes like way to many people have hard time getting into the suit + price point is muuuch higher -> leads to slow sales and dissatisfaction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom