Henderson Insta Dry 7/5???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew1

Registered
Reaction score
i am interested in buying a henderson 7/5 wetsuit. I have heard many good things about the goldcore wetsuits and the hyperstretch. Is the new Insta Dry wetsuit a cross between the two?
thanks,
Drew​

I have been looking into buying a wetsuit as well. I have heard some people complaining about the seams of henderson suits coming undone. Not sure if this is still a problem or not. Also I don't know if it was a particular type that had problems or all of henderson suits. Anybody know anything about that?

Insta dry is really a brand new material... not a hybrid of previous suits. Steven Frink, who never does testimonials, just wore a 3 mil insta dry and said it was warmer than most 5 mils he wore - he loved the suit. There is a story in the last Scuba Diving magazine.

As far as the seams... We've had a few go out on the hyperstretch... but if you buy it from an authorized dealer, Henderson will fix or replace it at no charge. And when I say a few - keep in mind, we sell thousands of those suits a year.... and probably had to send back 10 -15 for repair... so pretty small percentage.

So Insta dry will be warmer and more expensive... hyperstretch will be stretchier and easier to get in and out of.

I have been diving the Insta Dry 3mm jumpsuit since last fall.

It is instantly dry.

It is warmer than any 3mm I've worn in 33 years.

It is easy to get into.

It has more stretch than most suits, save for Hyperstretch.

It's my new favorite!

Chad

Old skin in and out? No way!

I'll echo what Larry said about the InstaDry vs. the Hyperstretch in 7/5mm. The InstaDry is noticeably harder to get into, but the inner material really restricts water movement inside the suit. Properly fitted, it is almost like a semidry suit. But is it worth the extra $160ish dollars over the hyperstretch? Your call. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

scubatoys:
As far as the seams... We've had a few go out on the hyperstretch... but if you buy it from an authorized dealer, Henderson will fix or replace it at no charge.

A question, Larry. I bought a Henderson 3mm Hyperstretch from an authorized dealer online (not you guys - sorry :11: ) 2 years ago. But I live in New England and rarely dive the suit - only on tropical vacations and rarely in the pool. It's got *maybe* 30 dives on it over the last two years. On my last trip to FL a seam in the...er...buttocks area (ahem..no jokes from the peanut gallery, please!) ripped out completely, leaving my posterior end rather...ahem..exposed (thank God I don't go commando underneath!). Now I was told by my LDS that Henderson only carries a 1 year warranty on their products and that mine, at 2 years old, was well out of the warranty period and would *not* be fixed by them for free and that I would have to pay for a repair (which, quite frankly, rather ticked me off, since I paid a relatively pretty penny for it and I'd expect better quality for a suit that expensive with only 30 dives on it!).

Granted, I've not contacted Henderson directly on it yet...I figured my LDS would know, since they're now a Henderson dealer (they were not when I bought the suit - that's why I bought it online). What's your take on this? Do you think they'd still repair it for free, even if it's "out of warranty"?

For the record, I also bought a pair of Henderson Gold Core 5mm Gloves for wearing locally last year. The seams on several fingers have also split - I have to say that so far, I'm not all that impressed with the quality of Henderson's stitching...(FWIW, I don't lobster, poke around rocks, or do anything particularly nasty to them...I dive a lot, but I'm a non-touchy kind of diver)

Back
Top Bottom