Henderson Hyperstretch sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetfixer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a Henderson 7/5 Hyperstretch wetsuit. I'm in between a L and an XL. I chose the L because of the stretchablility? of this material. Does anyone know how much this suit will loosen up after break in? It's not uncomfortably tight, but snug. I'm used to diving a custom suit so it seems like a big difference. Thanks!

they stretch, mine fitted me very snugly when i got it, now it's too big for me, not sure if it's a full size too big, but you can see it doesn't fit me right..go for the smaller size

jetfixer:
I just got a Henderson 7/5 Hyperstretch wetsuit. I'm in between a L and an XL. I chose the L because of the stretchablility? of this material. Does anyone know how much this suit will loosen up after break in? It's not uncomfortably tight, but snug. I'm used to diving a custom suit so it seems like a big difference. Thanks!

I dove mine for a year. It never changed fit, or "loosened up". I have an XL, and it does get stretched!!!! Most comfortable thing around. I usually dive dry now, so it doesn't get wet too often.

mossym:
just what you wanted...2 conflicting opinions:D

yeah, thanks guys! I'm going to lean towards mossym's input since mine is a lil snug as new. :wink: It does appear to be very comfy just trying it on. Anyone else?

I bought the little too big and I am not as warm as I would be with a fit that was a bit too snug so I would lean toward the bit too small. It stretches like crazy so it should not be a problem with mobility or circulation. I will buy the next size down when I get an insta-dry (Hopefully soon ;-)

My $.02

My Henderson Hyperstretch is a size smaller than what I would typically wear. When I purchased my Henderon Hyperstretch three years ago, I thought their sizes ran a little big. It may have simply been the HyperStretch effect.

I got a 3mil Large about a year ago. It fit snuggly - and still does after 50 or so dives. I would go with the smaller size - the fit is comforatble, it seems to losen just a bit when wet. I use the full siut/core warmer combo. Both are Large - most suit charts put me at XL. BTW I use the full suit + core warmer (both 3mil) when most folks are diving 6 mil farmer johns.

I have both a 3mm and a 7/5mm, both size XL. They are both great fitting suits and very comfortable. Out of all the suits I have had, the Hyperstretch is the best, although I will probably pick up a InstaDry 3mm once Larry gets them in stock...

If you are on the borderline on sizes, I would go with the LG due to the ability of the fabric to stretch.

Godd luck.

Scott

jetfixer:

Snug can be a good thing. You body tolerates a static amount of water in a wetsuit, it has no insulating value.
Snug enough to help you exhale or hinder inhaling is a bad thing.
If your breathing is labored your asking for trouble and waiting for it to stretch is not a wise thing to do.
When it's up to your crotch is it also up to your armpits? If not it's too short.
Are the limb openings snug to hinder water flushing?
Do you have full range of motion with your arms?
Can you bend over.

Remember if it's stretched a lot it's not a 7/5 anymore, if it got bigger it also got thinner. Basic geometry and Henderson can't change that.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom