Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I am considering getting a Henderson Hyperstretch 7 mm suit with the second piece core warmer to replace a bulky, stiff 7 mm SeaQuest farmer john for fairly cold water diving. I have heard some good things about the hyperstretch (such as the ease of use), but I also have some concerns regarding durability, etc... Other suits in this area that people seem to like are the Bare line and Liquid Fit. I also was considering a semi-dry suit, but haven't tried any of these yet...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike

I have the Hyperstretch with the hooded vest....but haven't had it long enough to test durability....Mine is only a few months old.

That being said, I love the suit.

I do want to go to a drysuit at some point....but really like the hyperstretch.

Cheers,

Sean

I just got my Liquid Fit superstretch suit. Fits like a dream. The whole process of ordering was quite enjoyable. Carolyn was so very patient and talked me through every step. My suit is a 3mm, but I do know that she carries all thicknessess. Can't wait to try it out.

I had use of this a couple of months ago. I think it was the easiest suit I have ever donned. The stretch was amazing and very comfortable, especially considering it was 7mm. I was very impressed.
I would be interested in anyones comment about long term life of this mat'l.

I have 50 dives on mine; 7mm + hooded vest. VERY comfortable. I don't even notice I'm wearing it while on an SI. Looks a little ragged in the high wear spots, but doesn't seem to effect performance.

What kind of price tag is there on the 7mm Hyper? You can get a Mare's Isotherm Semi-dry for 2 hundred and something. I dive the Isotherm and I'm really, really happy with it. Most of the time it is a drysuit without vents...the rest of the time very little water will leak in..making it wet. However the water does not flow through it like a wet suit. And the Mares Isotherm does not fit like a wetsuit, it doesn't have to be skin tight to be warm. I have dove in water from upper 30's to lower 60's in it. If it is 60 or above I just dont set the seals tight and let a little water in.

The HHS 7mil can be had for two and change also. Try whichever suit you get without the core warmer first.

Jen (my buddy) switched from a two piece farmer john to a newer one piece. It's titanium lined, and has the semi dry seals at the wrists, calves and neck.

This suit is actually "warmer" for her then the farmer john was and she has no core warmer or vest on it. This allowed her to drop eight pounds of lead! We both use lycra suits under our wetsuits, which further minimize water flow, and make it much easier to get the suits on and off.

Well, I just got back from the Stolt Degali off NJ, was VERY cold in my 7mm farmer John, hood, gloves, etc.. so I think that I won't spend $500 or so on the 7mm HHS and the core warmer, just for an easier don/doff... I think that if I continue with northeast wreck diving, I have to go for the dry suit (no one on this boat dove wet)... interesting point about the Mares semi-dry, my instructor has one and loves it... only problem that he had was one of excessive buoyancy and fast ascents, but I guess you could always add more wieght...

Like a drysuit you have to burp the Isotherm.... I actually do that in the water vice on the surface... Just before I descend I move al of my limbs around and let the air come up to the top of the suit...break the neck seal and let the air out...then repeat once or twice just to make sure. Then the suit is no more "+" than a 6.5mm suit. The rapid ascents was because of the extra air in the suit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom