Henderson Gold Core Wetsuit 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have just ordered one of these from Leisurepro.com and am waiting for it to arrive. I saved about $150 by NOT buying it at my LDS. Since I am in San Diego, I hope it will keep me warm. It's the two piece with the "Gold" lining which is supposed to dry in a few minutes. Do you think it will be warm enough in low 50's diving conditions??

Yeah, it'll be warm enough. I bought the same suit from Leisure Pro last fall and have about 50 dives on it so far, all in cold water. I've dove it in 40 degree water down to 102 ft and wasn't uncomfortably cold. It's a decent suit. It's real easy to get into dry but the slick lining doesn't do any good when the suit is wet. The suit does dry fairly quickly so that's a plus. If I'm doing repetive dives I don't take it off during a surface interval because it's a real pain to get back on when it's wet.

I usually don't take my suit off between dives usless it's hot out. Last weekend I went down to about 100 ft (52 degrees f) and I felt very cold! I was wearning a single cheap 7mm wetsuit. It sounds like my new one will be much warmer.

well i will say this i used to live on west coast in portland OR
and used a henderson gold core two peace there and was great of course the 7MM
I know live on east coast and use the same suit except in a 5mm and find for most part in summer its a little much hear in NC, but I stay warm during the boat dive(between dives) I take it off turn it inside out gold side out and it dries very quickly enough thats it not hard to put on .
I have used several other dive suits and so far have allways loved my henderson gold core , others i have tried , bare,
parkway , scuba pro , several others cant remember there names
my choice henderson number one !!!!!!!!!!! just my two cents

I have many dives on my Henderson Gold Core 7mm one piece suit. I have dove in 32 degree New England waters in the winter with this suit. Dives lasting nearly an hour. However repetitive dives are a different story. For repetitive dives you will feel much cooler. Also diving a deep as was mentioned above ( 100fsw ) your going to get quite a bit of suit compression, which is going to make the water feel colder to you....................Arduous

I used my Henderson Gold XL farmer john 7mm for 2 dives and it's sat ever since. Never used it again.....

Well I had tried to post on this as to why. But I couldn't log in for a while. Then I forgot till someone email'd me about it.

Anyway, the reason I don't use it anymore is I got a Gates Drysuit. And if it's cold enough for a 7mm. I'm wearing my drysuit.

I still wear my gold core 3mm all the time. But if it's too cold for the 3mm I wear the drysuit. :clapping: :clapping:

Back
Top Bottom