Henderson Gloves & Hood Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pgraham11

Reaction score
Does anybody have any opinions (good or bad) on the Henderson Gold Duratex Dry Gloves, or Gold Artic Hood? These would be to go with the Oceanic Aerdura drysuit, and primary used in water in the 40-50F temperature range.

I have them. They are great. I've used them in mid 40's water temp and they are plenty warm.:)

will those gloves work with a wet suit I dive in water just a little colder then that.

i own the henderson goldcore gauntlet gloves and they are plenty warm even in the coldest NE usa waters. One tip though they are really hard to get on unless you spray a little soapy water in them before you put them on.

The Gold Arctic hood dorsn't seem to cover all my face well enough in cold water, and the Gold mitts are a bit lengthy and don't work well with the Henderson Arctic drysuit. However the shorter Henderson mitts with the short seal are the warmest I've ever used.

techdiver2us-
This is a little off topic but how do you like the Henderson Arctic Drysuit. I read about it in the RSD magazine, and saw it at diversdiscount.com for 700. Sounds pretty good but I'm a little hesitant about buying a drysuit over the net.
Thanx,
vertaqua

I like it a lot. It's, of course, a lot bulkier than my DUI TLS. I got it since I was getting my zipper and seals done and now I use it seasonably. For winter and spring the Henderson is warmer, once temps below the thermocline moderate I use the DUI. A lot depends on your impression of seal material, the all neoprene Henderson I had no problem with, especially after the price. Got it a couple of years ago and at the price then I could have bought 3 for what I paid for the DUI. But, I do still like the self-donning DUI.

Back
Top Bottom