Henderson Aquasuede?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey gang! New to the board and brand-spankin' new to diving. Already obsessed and haven't even done my OW cert dives. Doing that in Bonaire in 3 weeks. Woohoo!!!!

Anyway, I've been researching the Aquasuede suits a bit. They claim to be a bit more durable than the other Hendersons. But I haven't heard anything from anyone who's used them. Anyone have any reference for how they fair when it comes to warmth, layering, ease of donning and doffing, durability?

3mm/full is what I'm looking at. I don't mind spending the extra cash if they'll hold up and can be pretty versatile. However, if you think it's silly to drop that chunk o' change on a 3mm, please speak up, too.

Thanks all.

I love mine. Seems to hold up a bit better than my wife's Hyperstretch regular. I noticed that piling isn't as bad.

well i can speak for the gold core with out a doubt had mine many hyears
but only had my aquasede a few months and 10 dives on same so far I love it its extremly strecthable and seems very durable look around most everyone on this board have had good reviews on it so far , i got lucky and got a demo model 3XL in 3mm for $189 with full warrity never been in water but tried on few times .

I'd heard about problems with pilling and loose stitches with the Hyperstretch suits, but I've no problems with my Aquasuede. I wear it with a 6mm core warmer for summer diving in NE Ohio (70-75 surface temp - 50-55 bottom temp). Aside from the occasional cold trickle down my back, the fit has kept me nice and comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom