Henderson 7mm Aqualock suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anybody have this suit?
My older two piece 7mm ( super bouyant ) suit has never been quite long enough and I'm thinking about getting a "long" version of the Aqualock suit and getting the right fit and losing some weight off the belt.
Thanks in advance.

I know the Aqualock XLT. Fantastic suit. Only problem is production. Right now, a friend is waiting until December 31 for his. They’re like a custom order. They try and push their gloves, boots and hood as part of the package but I have found other brands work just as well. Bouyancy characteristics are excellent. I dive a steel 100 tank and only require 8-10lbs of lead to sink.

I have one and it is a great suit. Very warm and not super stiff. It also has dam's on the wrist and ankles that keep the water flow down (almost a semi-dry) which contributes to the warmth. But ... I always thought mine was kind of buoyant compared to others I tried. So, it will likely be much less buoyant than a 2 piece but you could find a 7mm that is less floaty (but likely stiffer and colder).

My 5mm aqualock has done dives that normally use a 7mm regular suit. I would call the 5mm as good as a low grade 7mm. So the 7mm aqualock I would expect to be a nice choice.

Personally, I have a drysuit for when the 5mm isn't enough. But that is my personal choice, I understand that some just want a good warm wetsuit.

Now I did have an issue once. Regular bibbed hood and someone helped zip me up. They folded the hood which turned into a funnel pumping cold water down my back. Helper error. I know to check that now. I also picked up a hooded vest that can't be folded like the bib.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom