Henderson 3/0 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a_squeakycat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking of buying a 2yr old Henderson 3/0 core technology suit from someone who decided they don't like water. I assume the core technology is what Henderson used to call gold core since the owner mentions gold lining. The suit also has shin pads as opposed to knee pads. I've never seen a dive suit with shin pads. Does this mean it's really a suit for some other surface watersport rather than scuba ? Would it matter ?

I usually recommend against buying a used wet suit. Wet suits have a limited effective lifespan because of compression
and expansion occured during a dive.Suit may appear to be in good shape ,but the reality is as it ages and is used it looses some of its thermal effectiveness.Unless the guy is selling the suit for $25. I would tell you to stay away from it.

It's a dive suit.
What you described "3/0" "shin pads"-(actually long knee pads), slick gold lining, is exactly what my 9+ year old gold core suit has.
I like the suit. I do agree with Oly5050, that you should check the suit for wear and tear.
If it is in good shape, it's a good suit.

Thanks for the input. The suit apparently has never been wet. But I did read an article several years ago that said a wetsuit that just hangs in the closet can lose some of it's effectiveness as well. I can't remember the reason why. But if it's never been on a dive, wouldn't it be "good as new" ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom