Hemorrhoids and diving :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nova SS

Contributor
Reaction score
Oaky I did a search and no such luck.

Can you dive with a mild case of external Hemroids ????

Nova SS:

OOOOHHHHH!! That could be a pain in the ***** :light:

Yes, unless they are flourescing, in which case you might want to sit out as they can attract predatory fish.

(Note: I am not formally medically educated and the above is in the spirit of advanced grade-school - retarded middle school humor)

If you get a bad case of the bends, the hemorrhoids might become necrotic.

fisherdvm:
If you get a bad case of the bends, the hemorrhoids might become necrotic.

Which means that the hemorrhoids would die! I'm thinking that the OP would welcome the opportunity to be rid of the 'roids... but I wouldn't suggest getting bent to accomplish the task! LOL :D :mooner:

Well, as an unlicense medical practicioner, I feel inclined to answer this question. External hemorrhoids sticks outward, and is covered with mucous membrane. The soft mucous membrane is prone to get irritated by butt wipe paper. Then they ulcerate, bleed, and hurts. Sometime the bleeding is profuse.

It is best to push them back in (if they are not scarred) after you have a BM, and before you wipe. If you can't, use a sitz bath. They can be installed on the water supply line of your toilet (if you don't mind cold water spurting at your butt). Then you don't have to wipe. If you are regular, and like clock work, by all means, jump in the shower after your BM

Vaseline is a great barrier ointment to get them to heal. Over the counter stuff are either astringent or antiinflammatory, so I would recommend that you focus on prevention. These stuff wouldn't "cure" hemorrhoids.

Problem with diving isn't the nitrogen, barotrauma, etc. Problem with diving is the swimsuit would ride up the crack and irritate the rhoids. I would go butt naked under the wetsuit.

If that doesn't work, just go buck naked. But like other's have said, avoid the cleaner wrasses. If they nibble on that, next thing you know, a herd of reef shark might visit your hinnie.

Nova SS:

======================================================

Got em, have had them for over 30 years and been diving since 1971. I personally have never noticed any adverse effects.

Just watch those "forceful valsalvas" !!

somebody say nekkid diving? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom