Help with y valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I just picked up 2 0MS lp 125's and they both came with beuchat Y valves. For the time being, I would use these tanks as singles and when I take my Advanced Nitrox/deco class next season, maybe double them up (though they are very big and heavy). My question is what would you guys recomend I do with the y valves. I dive with a slung 30 cf pony right now and like this setup for its true redundency plus the practice for later when it will be replaced by a deco bottle. Would you guys keep the y valves or sell them (anybody want them?) and put in their place some regular din valves?
By yhe way, these are valves in question:
http://tdl.divebiz.net/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=655'
Thanks, Stas

stas:
Hi,
I just picked up 2 0MS lp 125's and they both came with beuchat Y valves. For the time being, I would use these tanks as singles and when I take my Advanced Nitrox/deco class next season, maybe double them up (though they are very big and heavy). My question is what would you guys recomend I do with the y valves. I dive with a slung 30 cf pony right now and like this setup for its true redundency plus the practice for later when it will be replaced by a deco bottle. Would you guys keep the y valves or sell them (anybody want them?) and put in their place some regular din valves?
By yhe way, these are valves in question:
http://tdl.divebiz.net/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=655'
Thanks, Stas

Put them in the gear section here on SB. If they don't sell list them on Ebay.

...over the last 3 yrs. I've bought a total of 6 of those Beuchat Y-valves, and I think they're pretty slick...they retailed new @ $ 260 each, so try your luck on E-Bay. With respect to doubling your LP 125's, good luck with that....that setup will be WAY HEAVY !!! I took my Advanced Nitrox/Deco procedures class with rented double LP 95's, and even those, while fine underwater, were pretty heavy on land, and I ended up buying a LP 85 OMS twinset for personal use, a good compromise between weight/bulk and gas capacity.......... I'd check with your instructor to see what he/she recommends as an appropriate gas capacity for your class....... I'll bet a LP 85 twinset would be more than sufficient, unless you're a big guy that really burns through a lot of gas.

Karl

Hi fanatic,
What configuration do you run with tose y valves of yours?
Thanks, Stas

Right valve - Primary 1st/2nd stage and BCD LP hose.
Left valve - Backup 1st/2nd stage and HP hose.

If you have a dry suit the LP hose wold also be on the left.

Same configuration as you would on doubles.

keep the tanks as singles w/ the y's, then get new tanks to double, or if you need the cash sell tanks w/ valves and get new

I'll buy one of your y valves. Heck I'll even trade you a new thermo provalve with it. Let me know if you still want to get rid of them.
Rich

Back
Top Bottom