help with the regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveAK:
ok, i decided on the apeks ATX100. so now for an octo, is it possible to go with a different brand of regs or not possible or not recommended? I was looking at an oceanic octo...
You can go with different brands, generally speaking. There may be some compatibility issues from differences in the intermediate pressures from the first stage for which the second stage(s) are designed, but you can check for that before matching them up - I can't answer with respect to matching the Apeks with the Oceanic. Another issue to consider is whether you can get them both serviced at the same place.

diveAK:
ok, i decided on the apeks ATX100. so now for an octo, is it possible to go with a different brand of regs or not possible or not recommended? I was looking at an oceanic octo...

I have APEKS DS4 first stage, TX40 as primary and TX50 as backup and don't regret it

thanks for the help guys, i decided to go with the apeks ATX100, and then i got an oceanic alpha 7 as the back up for now. If it doesnt work out i think im gonna get the tx40 as a backup...thanks again, you guys were a bunch of help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom