Help with set-up of BP/W and long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ricky B

Contributor
Reaction score
I have decided to go the BP/W and long hose approach. I would like to get help with adjusting the harness and routing the long hose and so forth. I am happy to pay for help from an instructor or diver who is expert in setting these things up.

I contacted a local DIR instructor, but he's been too busy with work. I am looking forward to taking a Fundies or even a Primer class but in the meantime, I want to get set up.

I live in Palo Alto and work in San Jose. So the Peninsula and South Bay are good locations for me.

Any recommendations?

I posted a link to this thread on the BAUE FB page. Hopefully, somebody will either post here or send you a message. You could also try asking for access to the BAUE page -- I have no idea what the criteria are for being allowed to have access to it.

Elliot Jessup is an excellent DIR instructor in your area, drop him an email at. ej@unifiedteamdiving.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricky:

Where did you get the backplate? If you purchased it at AWS, they will help you set up the plate. The BAUE web site has an excellent faq on setting up the plate. It gives you a good place to start. You will need to adjust it as you dive to accommodate your movements.

Keep us updated and we will try to help you out. Also post dates, as to when you will dive. We might be able to connect and assist you. In addition, get one of those Husky X-Horse tables that you see a lot of us use. It makes donning the rig a lot easier and is definitely not a unitasker.

O.

Last edited:
The Diver Dan's in Santa Clara has a couple of open water instructors who are DIR/GUE/BAUE. That can be a great way to get started on BP/W. I'll send you their names by PM.

If after all websites, you still want some advices, AWS in Saratoga Ave San Jose is a very good source. I think they serve most DIR divers in the area. If you are attending DUI demo event this Saturday in Breakwater, PM me. I am not a DIR instructor or anything close to that, but I am happy to take a look to point out things you of ordinary.

Definitely buy a husky X-horse table from Home depot. Husky X-Workhorse Workbench-17185155 at The Home Depot

I am in touch with AWS but so far no connection through them. No response from Elliot Jessup. I will try Diver Dan's.

I have a similiar question, but in the east bay area instead. SJ is kind of a pain for me to get to so anywhere that I can reach via BART is good. I think I'll probably need some webbing too because the previous owner was pretty tiny but not sure what shops up in the bay area would have it. ASW would definitely have it but I really don't want to go to San Jose unless if I really have to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom