Help With Sensus Ultra Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there!
I just recently got a new Sensus Ultra kit, with the USB adaptor and device connector. I downloaded the Sensus Manager program for my Windows 7 computer, and also installed the USB Driver. However, I am having trouble getting the software to "see" the Sensus ultra device I am connecting. I placed the Ultra on the green connector, plugged that into the usb adaptor, and then plugged the usb end into one of my front computer ports. When I click "Download Device" in the Sensus Manager (using COM1), it gives me an error message saying "Communication error. Make sure you have the correct COM port selected, and that your device is connected properly. Error Code: 0 (Timeout). I have tried looking through the developer's guide for the sensus ultra as well as the Sensus Manager guides on the "Downloads" page of the reefnet website, but have not had any luck. I didn't submerge the device yet, was just trying to plug it in to see the settings and change them. Any suggestions??

Thank you!

You should go into [Device Manager] after you hook it up and check both the Com ports and the USB ports to see which one it 'actually' used. Then right click on the [COM1] and choose the actual COM port being used. It's a not well managed connection and seems to move every time you have to use it. Kind of annoying.

I've found it useful to hold the Sensus to the adapter with a rubber band to make sure the contact is firm and stable. That's also a flaky connection, but then a lot of the computer USB connectors are pretty lame, and stupidly expensive. :rolleyes:

You should go into [Device Manager] after you hook it up and check both the Com ports and the USB ports to see which one it 'actually' used. Then right click on the [COM1] and choose the actual COM port being used. It's a not well managed connection and seems to move every time you have to use it. Kind of annoying.

I've found it useful to hold the Sensus to the adapter with a rubber band to make sure the contact is firm and stable. That's also a flaky connection, but then a lot of the computer USB connectors are pretty lame, and stupidly expensive. :rolleyes:

I have found it under "Other Devices" in my Device Manager (it doesn't seem to show up under the USE controllers section). Do I have to go into the properties of the COM1 or the properties of the actual (sensus) device itself? Sorry for being so confused :\

I have tried all the "COM" (so 1 through 8) options in the Settings tab, but 2 through 8 don't seem to be present/my computer doesn't have them. I downloaded the USB manager and installed it, but is there something more I need to do in order for it to be used when I plug in my Sensus device? :confused:

Look in Device Manager under "Ports (COM & LPT)", and find "USB Serial Port (COM?)" where ? is the COM port in use for your SENSUS Serial-USB converter. Then go to the SENSUS Manager, Settings tab, and choose the same COM port that the Device Manager showed you. Now go to Data Library and click the Configure Device button. Follow the directions. You should see the internal data for the SENSUS.

PS: Windows should do its beep thing when you plug in the SENSUS Serial-USB converter, and again when you unplug it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom