Help with Mares Package....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Mares Package #3

LP has this package available, and it's right around the price point I was looking at. It seems like a really good deal, and has everything that I would want, computer included. Does anyone have any experience with any of this? Are there any other options that you all could recommend that might be better, around the same price point? Any changes (downgrades/upgrades) you would make? Is this good gear that's going to last a while, or am I going to want to dump it in a few years?

I had the chance to try on the BC, and I really liked it, it fit well and was comfortable... Other than that I don't have any experience with the rest of the gear. As always, I appreciate everyone's input and help! Thanks!

The Mares MR22 Abyss is a great reg. I have had one for 8 years, no problems. The Dragon is Mares top of the line BC. If you dive in cold water, you might want to up garde the octo to a metal one. I don't have a Mares computer but alot of people I dive with do. You can't go wrong with any of Mares gear. They make great gear.

The Mares MR22 Abyss is a great reg. I have had one for 8 years, no problems. The Dragon is Mares top of the line BC. If you dive in cold water, you might want to up garde the octo to a metal one. I don't have a Mares computer but alot of people I dive with do. You can't go wrong with any of Mares gear. They make great gear.

Thanks! I don't think cold water is going to be an issue right now, I'm in Okinawa, Japan and will be for the next 3 years, so I should be set for a little while.

don't forget to get a hose for your BCD inflator

Indian Valley Scuba and our on-line store, ScubaGearPlus, goes head-to-head with LP. The primary difference between our two companies is that we are a real dive training center, authorized dealers for all we sell, we support the products, we dive the products, and we offer consultation, advice, and after-the-sale support at no cost to the diver. Feel free to forward your requirements to us and I'm sure you'll like what you get back!

If you like the BC that's what's important, the rest is a good choice.

I'd encourage you to put it out to bid at a number of internet suppliers, especially those that are active here on SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom