Help with Italian cooking/cheese/wooing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, there are these girls, and I'm kind of trying to get to know them better, and it would just be "girl" but they are identical twins and until I really get to know one of them better it feels awkward just inviting one over. Anyways, I had them over for some shrimp dinner about two weeks ago, and they are coming over tomorrow night again for more dinner, and they told me they like Italian food so I tried to find something Italian that I could cook, and found
this.

It calls for
Recipe:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] 5 ounces or so Boursin, Alouette or other creamy herbed cheese, cut into several cubes

But I cannot find that at the supercentre Walmart. What is another type of cheese that Wallyworld will have that'll taste ok, and Italian?

I've found out some nifty things about them, for example, they don't have boyfriends. They are seriously into Japanese Manga, such as Naruto, which I've started reading mainly so I have a reason to talk to them after and/or before class. Also, their father is/was a scuba diver, and there's a chance they'll go to Alexander Springs with me sometime. So if you all tell me a cheese that doesn't taste good with this stuff, and they hate me for the rest of my life for it, I'm blaming you!!! My future rests in your hands! (kind of) (not really) (but sort of)
[/FONT]

omg - you need my mother!

im sending her over straight away and you can keep her for as long as you can.. um need to :D

what about using a simple Parmesan cheese?

otherwise a mixture of parmesan, romano and perconi???

as far as the twins goes, you gotta cut one from the herd so pick one and goodluck :D

You see AlmityWife, I'm trying to :)

I know Parmesan, but those other two....are those normal cheeses I can find at Wallyworld?? (or maybe Publix, I know where one of those is too)

those cheeses are creamy/semi soft cheeses not grated cheeses...look in the diary case around the cheese spreads and where the bricks of cheese for snacking or making a cheese platter are......... you are not necessarily going to find them in a square brick of cheese like cheddar, most likely in a container....it says any herbed cheese spread.... so keep looking til you find one and a white spread not a yellow cheese spread

good luck

those cheeses are creamy/semi soft cheeses not grated cheeses...look in hte diary case around the cheese spreads and where the bricks of cheese fro snacking or making a cheese platter are......... you are not necessarily going to find them in a square brick of cheese like cheddar, most likely in a container

good luck

The cheeses i mentioned, or the ones AlmityWife suggested? I looked all around for my cheeses, and had no luck. I looked hwere you could buy huge hunks and where you could buy string cheese and all sorts of stuff.....cheese spreads.....eh, not sure if they had cheese spreads there. hmm.....

Hey dude,
Alouette is more of a cream cheese than a cheese and should be found in the dairy department of any supermarket pretty close to the dips and cream cheese spreads. If you really can't find it you could fudge something with ricotta, parmesian, garlic powder,oregano,chives,salt and pepper(which I think would taste pretty close but hey I'm not French which both those products are alleged to be styled after). If this turns out horribly I could also offer advice on where to send the twins for a mature shoulder to cry on.
Regards, Brad

Find yourself some ordinary cream cheese.

Add garlic, a little parsley, and chopped chives - some pepper to taste.

You should be good to go.

i can still send my little old italian mum over .... just booking her fight now :D

as annoying as she is, she is one HELL of a cook!

cheese spreads....in little plastic tubs.....almitys cheeses are italian but they are grated or in hard chunks....not what you want

the cheese you want is to make a creamy sauce...kinda like alfredo but thicker....alouette cheese usually comes in a little white tub that is usually in a square carboard holder (not really a box with sides but close)....either way you are looking for a white cheese spread not a yellow one(those are like cheddar cheese)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom