Help with identifying an old Mares Reg.??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-glider

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
A friend of mine has decided to get back under water after a long break (~ 8 years) and asked me to help get her regulator checked up. Neither of us are very knowledgeable about scuba equipment so I will take it to the store sometime this week but was wondering if you guys can help me get some info on this setup..
the first stage is MR12 J (DFC) with serial number 558516.
second stage a mares navy with same serial.
for the octo. I dont know the model name, its body is made of metal with plastic cover. serial 246764 (any idea of the model name thru serial number alone?)

It's last been serviced in 2001 so dont know what condition it is inside (from outside looks ok.).
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks phil,:)
Also if you have any general info on these that would be great. we are curious as to how the second stages compare to the new models (rebel?, proton?). the owner is wondering whether its worth servicing or if its wiser to upgrade. Although she said she has only 11 dives with it and would be a shame to not make more use out of it.

I took it down to my LDS and got the regs serviced. turned out they were well maintained and just needed to change to o rings.
thanks for trying to help :)

The MR12 is no problem, kits for the Navy are limited. As for the Octo, we would need a picture to identify it.

Regards

Phil

Back
Top Bottom