Help with gear purchase!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickdog81

Registered
Reaction score
I went in to a few dive shops and I have the option of these scuba packages at the following prices. I need to know which one is better or a better value for the money.

Package 1: $729
Cressi sub airtech regulator
Cressi sub x2 octo
aluminum 80 tank
3 guage console
aeris atmos bc

I guess this package is cheaper because of the economical yet durable BC which is lower in price because it doesnt have all the unecessary bells and whistles.

Package 2:
Aqualung Malibu BC
Aqualung xlc octo
Aqualung titan lx regulator
veo 100 computer w/ compass and pressure gauge in console.
aluminum 80 tank

This one is more expensive becuase of the Aqualung BC which also has few pockets but has back inflation.

Can anyone comment on these two packages or particular items from the two which may be beter or worse than the other?

I'm going to buy everything tomorrow so I need all the last minute help I can get.

rickdog81:
I went in to a few dive shops and I have the option of these scuba packages at the following prices. I need to know which one is better or a better value for the money.

Package 1: $729
Cressi sub airtech regulator
Cressi sub x2 octo
aluminum 80 tank
3 guage console
aeris atmos bc

I guess this package is cheaper because of the economical yet durable BC which is lower in price because it doesnt have all the unecessary bells and whistles.

Package 2:
Aqualung Malibu BC
Aqualung xlc octo
aluminum 80 tank

This one is more expensive becuase of the Aqualung BC which also has few pockets but has back inflation.

Can anyone comment on these two packages or particular items from the two which may be beter or worse than the other?

I'm going to buy everything tomorrow so I need all the last minute help I can get.

If it were me and those were my choices I would buy the Aqualung package. It has a better regulator and a better BCD

R..

Does each setup only come with one tank? If if does you might want to buy a second tank. Just something to think of...

rickdog81:

<snip>

Package 2:
Aqualung Malibu BC
Aqualung xlc octo
aluminum 80 tank

You don't mention the price difference, or the package #2 price...

Not sure how to judge differential in the deals without both prices, unless I'm missing something.

I'd go with package #2 if they were my only choices.

Better reg on the secon package

If the second package has a back inflate, thats another reason to go with that package, my personal opinion of vest BC's is very low, but thats just my opinion, I've used lots of different brands and types and am VERY happy with a back inflate setup.

rickdog81:
Package 2:
Aqualung Malibu BC
Aqualung xlc octo
aluminum 80 tank

I'd go with the Aqualung. A.) you get a computer. B.) I love Aqualung, c.) I've never used Cressi. D.) Back inflation rocks! I wish I had one.

btw...
how much more expensive are we talking about?

- PolsVoice

oops forgot about the price on the 2nd package. It should be $1001. The main thing driving up the price on this package is the comp & BC. The reg, octo, and tanks are just about the same price.

rickdog81:
oops forgot about the price on the 2nd package. It should be $1001. The main thing driving up the price on this package is the comp & BC. The reg, octo, and tanks are just about the same price.

That console is the same one I have and I like it . See if you can get the veo 150 though . You will want the audible alarm and the backlight.I agree with package 2 most definitely.But you won't stop there .LOL trust me.

Damon

For what it's worth, the only reg I've ever personaly seen anyone have an issue with underwater was a new cressi on its 2nd dive....

The very ticked off diver took it back and exchanged for a different brand at the shop the next day.I dunno if it was just tuned wrong or what but it shouldn't have had the problem it did on it's first day in the water.

Yeah, I would go with the Aqualung package. Better reg, better BC, and a computer. A little more money, but you get what you pay for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom