Cressi T10 SC Cromo opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Powereng

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first regulator setup. Stopped into my LDS which carries Cressi, Aqualung and Apeks. I mostly dive saltwater on cruises where proper soaking and cleaning after a dive are not always an option. Because of this I told the salesmen I was looking for an environmentally sealed first stage, with parts availability and serviceability being my other top qualities. He suggested a Cressi T10 SC Chromo and priced a package with Octo, SPG, assembly and testing. After telling him I'd do my research, which he understood, I came here. Poking around, I didn't find a lot of support for Cressi regs in general. Plus a post from 2020 regarding 2nd stage quality and materials have me a little concerned. I really like the dealer, but should I pass on the Cressi and have him put together a Aqualung or Apeks package for me? Thanks!

Well in over 46 years of diving I have never seen a Cressi regulator in the wild. So I am of no use there....Apeks, Aqualung, ScubaPro and Atomics is a different story...I would think a ScubaPro Mk17 evo with a G260 should be able to be serviced anywhere

No problem with the Cressi T10 SC Cromo 1st.
It works as good as most other 'dry' 1sts on the market.
I guess it's coming with the Galaxy R 2nd, which is balanced and quite light, also not bad.
My problem I had with most Cressi 2nds ( not the AC2s), is the mix of metal and the plastic.
I found that the relatively soft 'plastic' Cressi is using for their 2nds, has a tendency to 'deform' with time, so after a while the parts don't fit well anymore and one has to bend parts to put them back together for example after service. They also get quite easy scratched, and you have to take care when you tighten screws into the plastic body not to damage the threads ( that's of course my technicians perspective, not a divers one)
I did not have that particular Galaxy R 2nd in my hands, but from the schematics it looks as if they still use the same production line as before.
So technically the reg works well, but I would prefer an Aqualung reg against these Cressi regs for reasons of parts availability, longer life and components.
If it would be about the basic models AC2/XS2 and AL Calypsos, I would go for Cressi, they have great fleet regs.

Here in Brazil Cressi regs are quite common.
By the end of 90's and early 2000's they were not quite regarded, and found only at rental centers.
But, on the last years they are ganing more space, and it's even being sold as SM sets.
Only used theyr unbalaced piston firsts and their rental second's and didn't find any worse, nor even better than other brands similar designs.
For top of line, i would still prefer other makers, but can't say they are not good.

Thank you both Shabaday and axxel57 for your opinions. I ordered a pair of MK17 & S600 for both me and my wife from a different dive shop.
Get them tuned up and with regular servicing they should last you a lifetime! Usually ScubaPro second stages come pretty detuned. Ask the shop to adjust the second stage to your liking with regards to the work of breathing/inhalation resistance/cracking pressure/ease of breathing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom