Cressi T10 SC Master Chromo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bee123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking at buying my first reg set and I'm currently deciding between the Apeks XTX50/XTX40 octo or the Cressi T10 SC Master Chromo. I'm aware that the Apeks is highly regarded among divers. But the Cressi appears to have smilar specs and has some good reviews. Plus it's a little bit lighter than the Apeks.

My concern with the XTX50 is the size and weight and whether it will be suitable for travel. I dive in warm waters locally, and I would like to be able to take my reg with me on travels.

Has anyone on here tried the Cressi and can provide some input?

The second stage plastic on the T10 chromo may disappoint you. For a travel reg, it is indeed light, and the first stage is great, but the Apeks will take a beating better than the Cressi.

I'm with Rob.

I'm definitely not a fan of Apeks in general, but if I would have the choice between the mentioned regs, I would go clearly for the Apeks.

My problem too is the Cressi 2nd stage. That design of a mix of metal and plastic has been always a problem, some weak joints which break relatively easy, plastic tends to loose it's shape when used heavily etc........

No problems with the T10 1st stage........

What about getting both serviced?
I dive the T10 and the small profile is great for travel, but local dive shops will not touch Cressi due to parts availability

Back
Top Bottom