Help with First Set of Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capeanndiver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all, I was hoping to enlist all of your years of knowledge. I am currently shopping for my first set of doubles and had a couple of questions. Currently I dive with a PST-119 and I love the amount of air I can get with that tank. I am currently thinking of doubling up a pair of Worthington E8-119. My buddy thinks that I should be using double 130's. Most people I see are diving 95's or close to that. What are the pros and cons, besides a broken back, of using tanks that large? Their is no doubt in my head that I will be continuing my diving education to include Trimix at some point, but for now advance Nitrox and extended diving are my concerns. Any help you all could throw my was would be much appreciated. Thanks

Dive different sets if you can. Try to find out which set trims you out the best and fits your diving style.

I have had a few of sets: HP100s (I dive them as singles now, but I still love them as doubles) LP 108s, they are huge, but I can get a ton of bottom time for taking pictures and still have plenty for an emergency and lastly, I bought a pair of LP95s not too long ago. I love these tanks. They are about half and inch shorter than my 100s and sit perfectly on my back. (I am 5'11" about 160#s) With those 95s at 3100#s I can easily get 3 hours of bottom time with and average depth of 75-80 feet.

Opinions vary a lot so do some shopping.

Back
Top Bottom