Help with finding a class or school?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobert2412

Reaction score
Looking for a place to learn to dive. Do you know of a good school or class in the Huntsville or College Station areas? Been told I'm too old (45) but I still want to learn. Thanks for your help.

bobert2412:
Been told I'm too old (45) but I still want to learn. Thanks for your help.

Are you in reasonably good shape with no major health problems? Can you swim and tread water?

If so, then you're not too old.

bobert2412:
Been told I'm too old (45) but I still want to learn. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, can't help you with the dive school, but I can say that unless you have health problems, 45 is certainly not too old! I certified last Jan, at age 46. I've had a blast this year, diving is so much fun, and a great low joint stress activity for us 40+. Go for it.

Foo

bobert2412:
Looking for a place to learn to dive. Do you know of a good school or class in the Huntsville or College Station areas? Been told I'm too old (45) but I still want to learn. Thanks for your help.

Dont't know where you live but DiversDepot is a good op and a good place to start. www.diversdepot.com. Located in Nacogdoches, TX

Regards,

Never to old to learn,,,,,I just re-started diving and I am near my 50th. .... so GO FOR IT if you like android points out are in average health/no major problems and can swim.

Who said at 46 too old. Instructor I know said oldest person he certified was 69. I didnt get going at this till 50 and almost have finished DM class

Hi, I used to live in Huntsville and they do have a diving outfit next door to a gym named Iron Works. They use the pool at the gym for their training, so just call the gym and they could hook you up. Have fun and your still young at 45.

bobert2412:
Been told I'm too old (45) but I still want to learn

This is a troll, right? ROFLMAO.

Give me a minute, I have to compose myself after that one.

O.K., better now.

Try Paradise Scuba in College Station. I don't know how their classes are but they put a lot of effort last year into getting parts for my regulators that are hard to get. Also get in touch with the A&M dive club at the Rec. center, they may be able to help some more.

Too old...that's rich...lol. Who told you that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom