Help with dive op/lodging recommendations for the lower Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We dove the Key Largo area last December and had a great time, and now we're looking to go back and dive some of the lower/middle Key reefs, close to the Big Pine Key area. Can anyone recommend a good lodging option that has a great dive op associated with it? We prefer small boats - 6 divers maximum (especially compared to some dive ops that run cattle boats).

We're not absolutely locked into Big Pine Key in case anyone has great alternatives not tooooo far away. But we'd like to be close enough to dive Looe Key - I hear that can be really excellent.

I searched through old posts before asking this question, as I really hate asking something that has been recently answered!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

In Big Pine, try Underseas for a dive shop. I have been going to Big Pine since 1975 and have always used them for fills and items I need. They have a boat that can take you to Looe Key. The campground at the tip of the island (Big Pine Fishing Lodge) have boat rentals. The Fishing Lodge has rooms and villas for rent in addition to a very nice campground. The other place I would check is Looe Key resort. They have a dive shop on property. I have never used them but have heard of others going there.

reefgazer:
In Big Pine, try Underseas for a dive shop. I have been going to Big Pine since 1975 and have always used them for fills and items I need. They have a boat that can take you to Looe Key. The campground at the tip of the island (Big Pine Fishing Lodge) have boat rentals. The Fishing Lodge has rooms and villas for rent in addition to a very nice campground. The other place I would check is Looe Key resort. They have a dive shop on property. I have never used them but have heard of others going there.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll check out both options. Besides diving Looe Key, are there any other dives in the area that you'd specifically recommend?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom