Help! We need a plan B or maybe KrisB...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newmanl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Folks,

This might be a long shot... My wife and I are getting on our plane later today and in our preparations called our dive operator on Maui to confirm my wife's open-water cert dives (she booked with them in June) for this Monday and Tuesday... they had her info and reservation, but noew they say they have no Instructor on Monday and the Tuesdays dives are now full! Not happy about it at all. Obviously, we plan for her to do the dives early in the trip so we could dive together the rest of the week. Can anyone suggest a plan B if they can not fix this in time?

Also, I wonder if KrisB is on here at the moment. Kris, would you have time to take a keen fellow canuck for her open water dives?

Thanks!

Lee Newman
Port Coquitlam, BC

PS; Thanks folks, we've been saved by another outfit, so we have a plan if all else fails!

Last edited:
Hi Lee,

I'd love to take you guys diving, but unfortunately am off-island until Thursday night.

If, for whatever reason your new plans don't work (or they're for after Friday-Saturday), I can certainly help you out when I return.

Worst case scenario, I'd love to go diving with you post-certification! Send me a private message and I'll get back to you with contact info.

Cheers,

-kb

Would be interesting to hear who left you hanging? Extended Horizons also does shore dives, including referrals and full certs.

That's ridiculous. They should do what it takes to GET an instructor for the days you reserved. They've had plenty of time to take care of this issue. Not very professional.

Hi Folks,

Well, it all worked out just fine, in fact, better than fine. It was Maui Dreams that dropped the ball on us, we were going to go with them for two reasons; we'd heard (read) so many good things about them and they don't usually use a boat for cert dives - a fact my wife was initially concerned about. I realize that even the best operators can sometimes drop the ball, but we work for living and vacation time is precious! Anyway, we called a number of places (thanks for the phone call, Doug) and it was B&B Scuba that litterally saved our vacation. They took Lisa for her cert dives on the Monday and Tuesday, from a boat... and it all worked out great! I'm a former (no longer teaching) Instructor (NAUI and PADI) and was extremely impressed with the level of attention and the consideration for details - they made her feel very safe and at the same time, emphasized the fun part (why else do all this?).

After the cert dives we did a few shore dives (sorry Kris, did not see your reply until just now after we got home - no computer on island, but thanks very much for the offer of the doing Lisa's cert dives and for the diving afterwards, hopefully next visit we can hook-up) so I could show Lisa a few more tricks to make things easier and more comfortable and after that we signed up for two more days of boat diving with B&B. We both really enjoyed our dives and the general experience with B&B - they are a first-rate operation and really do treat their customers like family... maybe better!

Thanks again, everyone. We really appreciated the suggestions and concern.

Kind regards,

Lee

Back
Top Bottom