Help.....Water got inside my ProPlus 2!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a PP2 that got water in it. Sent it back to Oceanic and $150 later got a refurbished unit back. Not a bad deal considering the initial cost of the unit.

About four years ago five friend all bought Pro Plus 2 dive computers from Underwater Sports in Federal way, Washington. One quit working and was replaced under warranty, Another flooded because a button fell out after about 3 years but was replace for $185. Mine makes 3 out of 5 fail in 4 years is not good odds.:depressed:

Last week I notices the left button was sticking out as I was putting my gear together for a dive. I didn't make the dive and the Pro Plus 2 still works fine even thought the C-clip came off.:shocked2:

I took it back to Underwater sports to have it sent in for repair and they call me and said it would be $185 for a refurbish Pro Plus 2. :shocked2:

Are Pro Plus 2 dive computers throw away items? I would think there repair shop could replace the C-clip and O-rings for less the $185. :confused:

Can you help me with this?

PS We all really like Pro Plus 2 dive computer BUT having problems with bottoms.

On a side note my Pro Plus 2 locked up on a dive trip to Belize. Showed L95 all week, then cleared up when I got home. Had it happen one other time but cleared up in less than 1 hour. What's up with that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom