Help w/Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with the silicone next seal also and had to trim it because it was seriously choking me. For comparison, I am 6'2" and weigh in at 245-250 lbs. I had to cut about three lines off of my seal. So if you are not cutting off the circulation, I am wondering if the smaller neck seal might just be the fix for you. I know before I trimmed my seal it was almost making me throw up it was so tight.

Random thought: How much air do you use in the suit, how much is the dump valve opened/closed? An over-inflated suit will most likely burp air from the soft silicone neck seal and cause a leak.

It could be that you're getting "trickles" from neck movement. Of course it's tough to diagnose on a forum. Don't worry one bit about bugging us...that's what we're here for. We'll work with you until it's right. Feel free to call, email, or chat with us anytime about it.

I'm going to get the neck seal swapped for a small one and try that. I'll let you know. Thanks for the replys.

Fusion dont leak![/QUOTE]

I wish!!!
I always have wet arms by my wrists and neck area. The liners of my dry gloves come out dry as a bone, so it isn't the wrist seals. The neck I blame on my scrawny wattled neck. Some dampness on my chest, but I think comes from me hooking up the inflator in the water. (SM, Boat in water hookup ). My LDS has checked it out several times and it's been back to Whites twice. I even put a hazmat valve on it. The amount of water has improved, but I still come out of every dive wet. I've tried checking for leaks myself and can't find any either. At this point I have given up fussing with it and just live with the problem until I can afford to get a new suit.
I had zero problems with my old Nexgen Pro and often bragged about how dry it was. Unfortunately I outgrew it and thought the fusion was a great idea. My LDS gave me a pretty good deal so I forked out the cash and have regretted it ever since.
I like the suit pretty much, except for the fact that it's semi-dry. Oh, and I found the Neck Tite ring to be a bit of a pain in the *ss.
What burns my butt is that I see someone with a fusion and ask if they get any wetness and invariably it's "nope, super dry" ARRG!!:idk:

You need to check the oval ring regulary when using gloves. Typical method for removing the gloves (antares) is by twisting. If the oval ring moves even the slightest they can leak on the cuff. Fusion don't leak!!

You need to check the oval ring regulary when using gloves. Typical method for removing the gloves (antares) is by twisting. If the oval ring moves even the slightest they can leak on the cuff. Fusion don't leak!!

This one does and I have the wet undies to prove it.!!! :angrymob: :wink: No not there! just the arms and upper bod!

I have have the Sitech quiklock system, and I have latex bottle shape wrist seals as backup... ( I dive REALLY cold water in the winter)
I can't see how water could get into the sleeve except thru the wrist seal by way of the glove.

You checked the suit yourself for leaks and found none.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom