Help w/Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malibugary

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok I purchased a Fusion Bullet new from DRIS and have the warranty. I have already switched out a neck seal with no results. Feel bad for the amount of times I keep calling them and asking questions. Have dove this suit now 8 times and am trying to track the intrusion of water!!

I dont flood but keep getting water down my chest to waist line. It appears to be as if the neck seal leaks. Have tried pulling the neck seal down as low as possible on my neck prior to diving and really haven't seen any difference. The suit does have the SI deal so I've replaced the seal and same results.

As far as facts go I have silicone seals and have not trimmed anything from the neck seal. I do have a pull over glove and get a little moisture on my sleeve. The neck seal is tight out of the water. Is it possible the valves are bad? Whats the next "test" I can try before sending it back to DRIS? Just don't think this thing has a hole......

Put some soda bottles in the wrists and another larger bottle, bowl or pan in the neck, zip it up, inflate it and start looking for leaks by squirting a soap solution at any seam, zipper, valve.
It's a pain but it would be beneficial to take the core out of the shell.

I replaced my wife's Fusion Fit skin with a Tech skin and accidentally rolled the edge of the skin that goes around the chest inflator valve over on itself creating a path for water intrusion. On her first dive her suit flooded. I took it to my LDS who very kindly looked at it and found the issue of rolling over the skin on itself and fixed it for me. It's possible that the factory did the same thing.

Ok I purchased a Fusion Bullet new from DRIS and have the warranty. I have already switched out a neck seal with no results. Feel bad for the amount of times I keep calling them and asking questions. Have dove this suit now 8 times and am trying to track the intrusion of water!! I dont flood but keep getting water down my chest to waist line. It appears to be as if the neck seal leaks. Have tried pulling the neck seal down as low as possible on my neck prior to diving and really haven't seen any difference. The suit does have the SI deal so I've replaced the seal and same results. As far as facts go I have silicone seals and have not trimmed anything from the neck seal. I do have a pull over glove and get a little moisture on my sleeve. The neck seal is tight out of the water. Is it possible the valves are bad? Whats the next "test" I can try before sending it back to DRIS? Just don't think this thing has a hole......
How big is the leak? Are you damp, wet or soaked around the chest?

Are you sure it is the neck seal that leaks? I wear mine as high up on my neck as possible while making sure it flush to the skin without any folds. The greater the contact area the better the seal.

Sometimes they fit the inflator valve loose or something pinches, causing a leak in the chest area. Unscrew the valve and refit.a Leak test is the quickest path in troubleshooting a leak.

Fusion dont leak!

I took the inflator valve apart and the liner is flat. Same with the dump valve. Put everything together and aired the suit up and no bubbles anywhere. I'm completely stumped. The suit isn't flooding I'm just getting wet from my collar area down to my waistline.

None taken cause that's what I thought at first. I was wearing Under Armor then switched to my Fourth Element undergarmet and it was only wet on the outside not inside. I'm just wondering if from moving my head around it's causing the neck seal to get a "channel/fold" and allowing water in. I have the standard size silicone seals and my neck is 14.5" around.

That is quite possible. I have a very skinny neck, my suit has a small seal fitted. When I first got it it seemed dangerously tight so I trimmed it. Over the course of about 10 dives the latex stretched a little and would leak a if I turned my head too much, it also burped a little too easily which also let water in. I ended up getting the Sitech Quick neck fitted with a small silicone seal. It has not leaked once since. It can be frustrating trying to find the source of water entry. Must say I was initially very suprised at the amount of condensation inside the suit. I tried Under Armor but wasn't impressed, it didn't seem to wick at all and I always felt damp. I switched to a 4th Element Xerotherm base layer which solved that problem. Good luck.

---------- Post added September 8th, 2015 at 11:47 AM ----------

On land does your neck seal feel almost too tight? It should.

---------- Post added September 8th, 2015 at 11:48 AM ----------

Is it only the front of your body getting wet or whole upper torso?

---------- Post added September 8th, 2015 at 11:51 AM ----------

I assume you've tasted the "water" to ensure it is definitely salt water and not sweat?

Was actually in fresh water. I'm going to get a small seal and try it. I have the standard size and have nothing trimmed. It feels tight but not like a few rental suits I had previously used which also had latex seals not silicon. And yes it's really just getting wet around my collar and down my chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom