Help, O'neill 7mm dry suit leaks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

siver295

Registered
Reaction score
My dry suit seems to be only semi-dry. Does or has anyone had a problem with O'neill dry suits leaking. Any tips on keeping the water out ? The seals are neoprene. When I rotate my neck up water seems to enter at the back of suit, this with or without a hood. Any insight would be appreciated.

You have to with neoprene ones.

I've had damp arms once with my shell suit (latex seals); I figured out that what was happening is that the undie sleeves were getting close enough to the end of the seals that they were interfering with a watertight closure, thus, some seepage.

It doesn't help that I have hairy forearms... might need to shave 'em to stop the seeps (now THAT would draw comments from people in my daily life!)

Are you folding the neck seal in then putting on your hood?

That should help seal the water out.

Scott =-)

I'm rolling neck seal inwards and then putting my hood on. Maybe I'm adding to much air to suit. Do you keep a good squeeze on the suit at all times?
Thanks, Steve

got about 2 years worth of diving out of it with two trips to Superior Drysuit Repair.

My neck leaked too. I sent it to SDR and had him add a latex seal under the neo seal. Worked well for me. I also had him seal all the seams. He told me at the time not to put too much money into it as it was "disposable drysuit". I think I put about 200 bucks total into it over two repair trips. I stopped using it about 18 months ago as it was starting to dryrot in places where there was a lot of stress, ie the shoulders. (it may not have been dryrot, but that's what it looked like....the neoprene giving away) Every night I had to repair the suit with aquaseal and cotol before the next day's diving.

While diving that suit I was saving for the suit I really wanted and am now quite happy with....a DUI CLX450.

So is a little bit of leakeage normal for a drysuit?? By a little bit I mean after a 25-30 minute dive your tee-shirt and clothes are damp when you come out??

I'm sure.. only because I feel it on my arms after a few minutes, and when I lift them I feel the water run down my side(I hope I don't sweat that bad).

It may be that the tendons in your wrist are pushing the seal out during certain movements. The solution? Lots of twinkies... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom