Help on which Tank Valve.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the long neck modular for sidemount bottles, the standalone for stage bottles, and the standard modular for doubles.

Just personal preference.

I like the long neck modular for sidemount bottles, the standalone for stage bottles, and the standard modular for doubles.

Just personal preference.
thanks.. was thinking this too.. but wanted to keep every gear similar. was thinking of doing modular all the way. since its available in my area... no problem with this? for single backmount? stage tank? my doubles are already modular

thanks.. was thinking this too.. but wanted to keep every gear similar. was thinking of doing modular all the way. since its available in my area... no problem with this? for single backmount? stage tank? my doubles are already modular
Modular works for everything.

My personal preference is:

• Modular, for adaptable uses later, and better resale.
  • Modular and long-neck for a better handle/grip, carrying or moving tanks.
  • Modular, because the post (opposite of valve) makes a good SideMount bungie-hook-point.
  • Din. Lower profile. An insert will convert it to yoke in no time, if you ever need it.
  • Angled-up. It's about 30-degrees, but makes a difference. These valves are somewhat rare, but it also helps out with reducing the profile of your first-stage. The ones I have say "made in France" though I forget the brand.
  • Inexpensive I miss the days of $40 modular valves from DGX.

Angled-up. It's about 30-degrees, but makes a difference. These valves are somewhat rare, but it also helps out with reducing the profile of your first-stage. The ones I have say "made in France" though I forget the brand.

Where did you buy these?

Sherwood

avopix-260309015.jpg

Where did you buy these?
I probably shouldn't have mentioned that, hah! Nothing to see here, move along. I don't know of any company that currently manufactures them, and I've looked.

I believe you could use a H-valve adaptor to get similar results; by angling it up. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) Though that may not be quite as nice for SideMount. I have a couple H-valves, that I haven't had a chance to try out yet.

The valves on the HP Genesis 100's I've been using are the old angled ones and I'm not in love with them for OC sidemount. I used one as a dil tank with a sidemount CCR and it was useful there because I had a multitude of LP hoses coming off that reg. OC, I'm still goofing around with them . . .

Long neck is nice for easier moving of tanks as you can get a better grip on them. Modular is more versatile as you can use them for BM single tank, SM, or doubles.

They’re not on your list but the XS Scuba valves have the smoothest turning valves I’ve encountered. I think they’re worth every penny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom