Help:NiteRider is going out of business, need parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just heard niterider dive lights is going out of business and will be closing in a month. I am looking for replacement wet connects. Does anyone have an idea where to find replacements parts?

Last edited:
Is this rumor confirmed? I was just about to order a blackwater 3000. I guess I need to hold off and start looking at other light options.

FYI, my disconnects were not broken, the negative side of the power connector in the unit was corroded. I purchased this item to fix it. I will reply if i have any issue with the part when i get it.

163-4303-EX Kobiconn DC Power Connectors

Todd, call the company to verify, but when i called for a repair they said no more repairs will be taken do to the company is closing the dive division.

If you have a good price, take it. It was/hopefully still is a good light.

I have not been able to get a hold of anyone at niterider. Phone goes to voice mail with no returned calls, and email is returned undeliverable.

That's too bad ... I owned NiteRider lights for a few years and they were outstanding lights. The customer service was second to none.

I wish them well and continued success with their other products ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

a thread on self repiair on the lights should be started.

Last edited:
Like someone else, I'm wondering if this rumor is confirmed. I'm looking for a cannister light in the $500 to $600 range. I'm not good at repairs and I want something that doesn't have a bluish light. Can someone make some recommendations for me? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks, Christy

As far as I know it is confirmed... just about the time my HID bulbs are due to burn out. Sniff. Well, the lights have served me pretty well.

Like someone else, I'm wondering if this rumor is confirmed. I'm looking for a cannister light in the $500 to $600 range. I'm not good at repairs and I want something that doesn't have a bluish light. Can someone make some recommendations for me? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks, Christy

350xfire, a member here, has been making some pretty nice looking canister lights. I think they're around that price range.

Check here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/making-your-own-gear/309194-check-out-my-cans-baby.html

And here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-lights/309192-diy-canisters.html

Todd, I spoke to Tom at niteride today. He knows that this rumor was around last December but there is nothing to it. I think I will go with the niterider. I looked at an Ikelite cannister but the burn time is only 55 minutes and the recharge is 5 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom