Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris74

Reaction score
Hi,my name is Chris and i am a 48 Y/O Male from Australia and want to learn diving after a recent trip to Thailand where i tried it in a pool there and loved it.
I have read the open water manual so will have a little knowledge when i get there
My question is i am going to Phuket In Feb to do my Open Water course and so confused on who to go with as there is so many,i will be staying in Patong.
I spoke with Kingfisher diving,dive asia and sunrise among others when i was there and now really confused.
I liked kingfisher and sunrise as they said they would limit class to just myself and maybe one other.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated from anyone who has done this course over there recently or can recommend anyone.
Thanks and look forward to reading and learning a lot more

Thanks for the reply Ringo,i really appreciate it.
I was leaning towards Kingfisher only as they said it would be a one on one.I just want to make sure i get the most out of my course.
Any further help or advise would be greatfully appreciated.

chris74:
Hi,my name is Chris and i am a 48 Y/O Male from Australia and want to learn diving after a recent trip to Thailand where i tried it in a pool there and loved it.
I have read the open water manual so will have a little knowledge when i get there
My question is i am going to Phuket In Feb to do my Open Water course and so confused on who to go with as there is so many,i will be staying in Patong.
I spoke with Kingfisher diving,dive asia and sunrise among others when i was there and now really confused.
I liked kingfisher and sunrise as they said they would limit class to just myself and maybe one other.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated from anyone who has done this course over there recently or can recommend anyone.
Thanks and look forward to reading and learning a lot more

I did my IDC with Dive Asia, and the big advantage they have is that the pool right outside the classroom building of the dive school. Of course, any instructor can rent pool time there (as well as at several other pools), but it's simply convenient to have your confined water sessions right where you do your classroom sessions.

Thanks for that,yes Dive Asia was one i was looking at but had not heard anything about them,so good to hear that you found them good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom