Help needed! Trading-In the SmartCOM for the Air Z Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are getting a computer for the logging software......than you need to stay away from UWATEC altogether!!!

The Suuntoo software is much better.

...Console as backup?!?

All you need is a SPG.

diverUp once bubbled...
If you are getting a computer for the logging software......than you need to stay away from UWATEC altogether!!!

The Suuntoo software is much better.

...Console as backup?!?

All you need is a SPG.

The Suunto software is feeble at best. WLog is very good for the Uwatec crowd, and may work with Suuntos also.

You also don't need an spg backup to an AI computer for NDL rec diving unless you're paranoid.

And, from one of other ten threads going on this same whiny subject, how do you put an AirZ in gauge mode like you said you do?

MechDiver once bubbled...

And, from one of other ten threads going on this same whiny subject, how do you put an AirZ in gauge mode like you said you do?

You put the smart into Gauge mode using the SmartTrak software which reads info from the computer as well as lets you set some values such as max depth, max ppo2, alarms, metric/imperial, gauge mode, workload etc...

In the Air Z its 2 different softwares. Datatrak that reads the dives info, and DataTalk that is used to set the computer. I belive you put it into Gauge mode using the DataTalk.

But then again, I don't have the Air Z ;-0 so I may be wrong...

MechDiver once bubbled...

The Suunto software is feeble at best. WLog is very good for the Uwatec crowd, and may work with Suuntos also.

You also don't need an spg backup to an AI computer for NDL rec diving unless you're paranoid.

Well...between my Vytec and NOW Air Z, I prefer Suunto's software over both the smartcoms and the Air Z.

As far as a SPG is concerned....YEA you dont NEED one! Than again you really dont need a computer either, do ya?

Oh and by the way who's bein whiny?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom