Help me with my new DIN tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver:
Think I left something out. My bad. I use a DIN 1st stage on my setup. That fits both my 100's and the SG 80's. My friend only has a yoke valve. I have the inserts for my 100's to convert them to yoke but not for the SG 80's. I'm greedy. He can't have 100 cf of my nitrox but it's ok to let him have the air in the 80's but since he only has a yoke 1st, I need to find 2 inserts that will fit the 80's.
If the inserts you have won't work, the valves are probably too deep for the yoke to even fit over the valve even if you could find an insert. Check that first and you'll probably save yourself the wasted effort of trying to find an insert.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
If the inserts you have won't work, the valves are probably too deep for the yoke to even fit over the valve even if you could find an insert. Check that first and you'll probably save yourself the wasted effort of trying to find an insert.
Rick
And, maybe pointing out the obvious, but does the valve in which you want to use a donut adapter have a dimple on the other side, to accept the pointy end of a yoke screw? If not, then everything else is a moot point -- the yoke won't hold. Though I suspect if that's the case, then the valve threading will be too deep for a donut insert too, like Rick said -- meaning the valve is only designed for HP tanks, and therfore not yoke regulators.

--Marek

Marek K:
And, maybe pointing out the obvious, but does the valve in which you want to use a donut adapter have a dimple on the other side, to accept the pointy end of a yoke screw? If not, then everything else is a moot point -- the yoke won't hold. Though I suspect if that's the case, then the valve threading will be too deep for a donut insert too, like Rick said -- meaning the valve is only designed for HP tanks, and therfore not yoke regulators.

--Marek
That was the first thing I checked and yes the valves are too deep for my current inserts. I was just wondering if inserts were made for that specific valve.

I have never seen inserts for anything larger than the 232 bar LP DIN valves. YMMV.

i have asked, and have been told by reliable people who have been diving for
ever, that there are only inserts for 232 bar DIN valves

there are no inserts made for the 300 bar DIN valves

assuming this is correct, why would that be so?

H2Andy:
i have asked, and have been told by reliable people who have been diving for
ever, that there are only inserts for 232 bar DIN valves

there are no inserts made for the 300 bar DIN valves

assuming this is correct, why would that be so?
Because you can't fit a yoke over the valve anyway.
So even if you had an insert you couldn't use a yoke.
Because it won't fit.
The valve's too big.
The yoke's too small.
I ain't really singling you out, Andy, but we've been over this over and over. :)
Rick

hey, it's all news to me

(small problem with short-term memory... bummer that)

now... explain again why i shouldn't hold my breath?

The reason there are not (and should not be) adapters for 300 bar to yoke is to protect the regulator from overpressurization. If the manufacturer made the regulator in a yoke only configuration it may not be designed for 300 bar service (4350 psi).

Back
Top Bottom