Help me plan a 25th anniversary surprise!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenlaur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In two years my husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage. My plan is to surprise him with a trip. In order to do that I need to start saving now and also thinking about a destination.

This is where I will need your help! Where shall I take him? Someplace tropical of course. I kind of questioned him a bit and he said he would like to try a dive resort some time. While I love diving I'm not so sure if I want to be all that we do for the week. I think some place that would provide other things to do as well might be best.

The only place out of Florida we have been diving is the BVI. We chartered sailboats 3 times now, the last one included diving. That was wonderful but I think we are looking for something different.

Would love to go to the south Pacific some day but it is not affordable now. So let's keep it on this side of the world. I would like it to take place in late May or early June of 2013. Ideas???

Last edited:
Check out Roatan...if you want other things to do you can look for something in West Bay. The all inclusive dive resorts are on the other side of the island and would be expensive to add other things as it is quite a taxi ride back and forth into town.
Anthonys Key Resort might be the place for you.... it does have diving included but there is also ziplines etc to do.

Lynn - thanks for your response. Have you ever stayed at Barefoot Cay?

What type of diving do you like? What other activites do you enjoy? Are either of you regular blood donors?

If you love reefs with a little wreck diving, want lots of freedom to dive when and where you like, and like exploring nature, go to Bonaire.

If either of you are regular blood donors, don't go to Roatan, you won't be able to donate for a year after coming home (other than that it's a great place).

We can better help if we know more about you.

Jenlaur,
We have stayed at Barefoot Cay three times and have scheduled our fourth trip this September for two weeks. I can't say enough about how good Barefoot Cay is. They make you feel like family. Small dive groups and the food is really great. I think you would really enjoy it. One thing though, Barefoot does not have any night life which suits the wife and I just fine. Internet and a cell phone is provided.

It seems obvious to me you live in FL you can do that stuff any weekend. Think about going the other way west to the pacific via cali and mexico or North. I would suggest the great north west in summer but you said tropical. So i wont suggest Portland even though its one of my favorite towns great night life great food and pleanty of nature right around the corner. :wink:

For a really resort type feel in the keys thats close to key west so you can still enjoy the night life.

Florida Keys Luxury Resort - Hawks Cay Resort

What type of diving do you like? What other activites do you enjoy?

We can better help if we know more about you.

We are relatively new to diving. We have done drift diving in West Palm and we have anchored in the Keys and the BVI. We love diving but also love fishing, hiking and mountain biking. We'd like to try zip lining some time. All that said, we do not need to incorporate all of that into this one trip.

We're not that much into the night life. We enjoy some drinks and a good dinner at night.

I am also looking at Belize. I am considering Hamanasi and Turneffe Island Resort. But am totally open to any ideas. Seems like there's more to do around Hamanasi but the diving is farther away.

Jenlaur,
We have stayed at Barefoot Cay three times and have scheduled our fourth trip this September for two weeks. I can't say enough about how good Barefoot Cay is. They make you feel like family. Small dive groups and the food is really great. I think you would really enjoy it. One thing though, Barefoot does not have any night life which suits the wife and I just fine. Internet and a cell phone is provided.

Barefoot Cay looks wonderful. I will definitely consider booking there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom