Help me pick a regulator set for my 11 year old son, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have NEVER used or bought used dive equipment in my life. I'd do it even less for my kids or wife or nephews or family.

I do sell my used, and serviced, equipment when I have newer or more up to date replacements. I am selling my slightly used SP A2 dive computer because I am getting the new SP dive computer to replace the A2.
I believe his point was that once you buy them, they become used (by you). That there is no material difference between a well maintained used reg that you buy and service (or have serviced) and a reg that you buy new and has been through a service cycle (or more).
Just my take, for what it's worth.

Respectfully,

James

I have NEVER used or bought used dive equipment in my life. I'd do it even less for my kids or wife or nephews or family.

I do sell my used, and serviced, equipment when I have newer or more up to date replacements. I am selling my slightly used SP A2 dive computer because I am getting the new SP dive computer to replace the A2.
How do you ethically sell something that you consider to dangerous to dive (used gear)?

I believe his point was that once you buy them, they become used (by you). That there is no material difference between a well maintained used reg that you buy and service (or have serviced) and a reg that you buy new and has been through a service cycle (or more).
Just my take, for what it's worth.

Respectfully,

James

So buying used equipment or car or anything from others is just the same as buying new but using the new for a while?? Lol, this is a new concept to me.

So buying used equipment or car or anything from others is just the same as buying new but using the new for a while?? Lol, this is a new concept to me.
A well maintained 2 year old car is a well maintained 2 year old car. The safety of the car is unchanged by the fact that a different person paid for it when it was new.

A well maintained 2 year old car is a well maintained 2 year old car. The safety of the car is unchanged by the fact that a different person paid for it when it was new.

Sure, whatever you say.

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
Lol. Try a different one.
Meaning?

You consider used but serviced gear to dangerous for yourself or your family. Yet you find nothing wrong with selling used but serviced gear. Do you not see the inconsistency?

Guys, I think the bigger issue is finding a good service tech (or learn to do it properly oneself. Note I am not saying to "just" DIY. Learn first). No matter if you buy new or used, that gear will need to be serviced at some point, and it better be done well.

You consider used but serviced gear to dangerous for yourself or your family.

That's your interpretation but I never said such thing.

Yet you find nothing wrong with selling used but serviced gear. Do you not see the inconsistency?

The buyers or those interested can buy if they want and they can skip if they don't want to buy. Same thing for clothing, I have NEVER bought used underwear 🩳 🩲 in my life and neither have any member of my family.

I make an effort to be respectful in my approach.... I don't know if you mean to, but your responses come off rather condescending.
As @L13 said, a piece of equipment that is 2 years old and well maintained is still 2 years old and well maintained whether I bought it new or you did. The effects of time do not change purely due to who owned it. The idea that the name on the title of a car BY ITSELF would determine it's condition is a new concept to me.
This is just my take, and my advice is always worth what you paid for it!

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom