help me get a hatchback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although it's above the cut-off you mentioned, I'll put in another vote for the Pontiac Vibe. I got one the first year it was out back in model year 03 and haven't regretted it once. Plenty of room for scuba gear. Guaranteed to haul a Newfoundland, a lab, and a German shepherd all at the same time. Gas mileage is pretty good as well.

Andy
But you will not be able to put the diving gear inside. Toyota Yaris is waaay tooo small (at least the European one).
Have you thought about Hinda Civic? I had one and it was perfect!!!! It had enough space for the gear (but without a dog - so I had to buy a bigger one) and it's a very good car. Here you can buy new one for 15K US$
Mania

Mania,

Honda hasn't sold the base (cheap) Civic hatchback here for years. Americans generally seem to prefer their cars with trunks (or at least that's what the manufacturers think), so there aren't many hatchbacks or wagons available.

Honda did import the european Civic Si here until this year, but it costs almost $20k. That's why I suggested a used one of those in my last post.

Czesc.

I thought lawyers made money, get a 4 runner or a highlander. :wink:

hey all, thanks for the comments... just a few quick replies:

lowwall:
You missed the Scion xA.

Also, if you want more space and decent handling, you could probably get a Ford Focus down to your price range.

i sure did miss the Scion. thanks for pointing it out. looks like it makes my final list too

as for the Focus, i just don't like the styling ... call me shallow :wink:

eckybay:
Although it's above the cut-off you mentioned, I'll put in another vote for the Pontiac Vibe.

hmmm... ok, well, i'll definetly look at it again.

thanks!

mania:
But you will not be able to put the diving gear inside. Toyota Yaris is waaay tooo small (at least the European one).

yeah ... i've also heard it's not very well made (hence so cheap)

lowwall:
Mania,

Honda hasn't sold the base (cheap) Civic hatchback here for years. Americans generally seem to prefer their cars with trunks (or at least that's what the manufacturers think), so there aren't many hatchbacks or wagons available.

Honda did import the european Civic Si here until this year, but it costs almost $20k. That's why I suggested a used one of those in my last post.

Czesc.

That's pity..
You should have more smaller cars and you will stop complaining about the gas prices.

I loved my Civic...

Mania

In that price range you might do better with a good used car than most of the real cheapo new ones. Harder to find the right one but probably worth the trouble.

hmm... i don't know... the Versa looks good for the money

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom